Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The Secret Service is also still authorized to fire warning shots when performing protective duties.
    Probably not. DSS had a similar policy for years but no actual training or policy on how to use warning shots, which defacto made them unauthorized outside of specific scenarios ala early-to-mid OEF and OIF where the mission firearms policy would allow warning shots at vehicles simply for failing to yield to the motorcade prior to shooting the vehicle/occupants.

In 2023, the administration's EO that mandated more uniform UOF policies across federal LE (duty to intervene in excessive force, bar on chokeholds and neck restraints, etc etc) resulted in the loss of warning shots. I imagine it is the same for the Service.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    Gotta protect Naomi’s diary…
    I love you man
    #RESIST

Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

I have ridden in many USSS vehicles. They love to mount MP5s on mount brackets that sit in the front passenger seat area next to the center console. Muzzle is down by the floor board, top of the collapsed stock is about even with the cup holders in the center console.

If you see a busted window and legs dangling out of the car, one has to assume they may exit that car holding your MP5.

I think they can probably clearly articulate the threat level. Just my guess….

Something like this…. Just a guess.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    I have ridden in many USSS vehicles. They love to mount MP5s on mount brackets that sit in the front passenger seat area next to the center console. Muzzle is down by the floor board, top of the collapsed stock is about even with the cup holders in the center console.

If you see a busted window and legs dangling out of the car, one has to assume they may exit that car holding your MP5.

It’s a sign! I need to go with the F stock with my SP5.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Weird looking fare flag on that taxi’s meter.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

While I could be wrong and this was something stupid I’m going to guess that there’s a really good chance that this will turn out like the things you see when they report that a beat cop shot and killed and unarmed suspect for jay walking. I.E. someone got contacted for something relatively low level, and they did something to escalate the situation to where deadly force was justified for some action that gets left out (such as displaying a gun or trying to take a gun). I’ll be interested to see what the actual story is past some bad guys got contacted for criminal activity and shots got fired. There’s hopefully a huge gap in what occurred.

Jason

He won't grant SS protection to RFK Jr. who has active death threats. But his granddaughter has full coverage!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    He won't grant SS protection to RFK Jr. who has active death threats. But his granddaughter has full coverage!
    Why would a man who hasn't held federal office, isn't a serious presidential candidate, and just the nephew of a dead president deserve a Secret Service detail? Meanwhile, an actual blood relative is pretty standard practice for getting a detail.

Nice radio station choice.

I gotta be cool, relax
    Get hip and get on my tracks
    Take a back seat, hitchhike
    Open fire on the dudes breaking in my ride
    Until I'm ready
    Crazy little thing called love

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Facts matter. 18USC3056(a)(7) says the USSS only has authority/duty to protect "major" P/VP candidates within 120 days of the general election.

User Tag List