Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

Wow.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...eorgetown.html

Secret Service agents protecting President Joe Biden's granddaughter Naomi opened fire after three suspects tried to break into an unmarked Secret Service vehicle.

The agents, assigned to protect Naomi Biden, 29 and the daughter of Hunter Biden, were out with her in the Georgetown neighborhood late Sunday night when they saw the three people breaking a window of the parked and unoccupied SUV, the Secret Service said in a statement.

Around 11:58 pm ET, one of the agents opened fire, but no one was struck by the gunfire.

The three people were seen fleeing in a red car, and the Secret Service said it put out a regional bulletin to Metropolitan Police to be on the lookout for it.

'During this encounter, a federal agent discharged a service weapon and it is believed no one was struck,' the Secret Service said.

'The offenders immediately fled the scene in a red vehicle and a regional lookout was issued to supporting units. There was no threat to any protectees and the incident is being investigated by the DC Metropolitan Police Department and the Secret Service.'
    #RESIST

I just saw this too. Can the secret service legally use lethal force to stop someone breaking in an UNOCCUPIED car? Seems a bit hasty to me.

Warning shots?
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I just saw this too. Can the secret service legally use lethal force to stop someone breaking in an UNOCCUPIED car? Seems a bit hasty to me.
    Eh, perhaps it had weapons in it and/or it was their only way to egress and they thought something worse was afoot.

We’re getting the initial report - details to follow I’m sure.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Anyone can do so in Texas in the night time.

But more relevant here:

Weapons in the vehicle changes the calculus.

The Secret Service is also still authorized to fire warning shots when performing protective duties.

I can’t imagine the granddaughter’s detail is very large.

In a protective context a car burglary may just be a car burglary or it may be a diversion in support of something else.

Curious to see where those rounds ended up.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    The Secret Service probably knows that it’s more likely that groups of car thieves/burglars are armed than unarmed. In my part of the world confronting them is one of the most common ways for Police and citizens to get killed or shot at by random criminals.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    The Secret Service probably knows that it’s more likely that groups of car thieves/burglars are armed than unarmed. In my part of the world confronting them is one of the most common ways for Police and citizens to get killed or shot at by random criminals.
    Seems clear to me that they were making sure certain items didn't end up in the wrong hands.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Also, I've trained with them (an EAG class that was mainly SS except for me, a Marshall, and an industry dude). Those men and women in that class can shoot.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Seems clear to me that they were making sure certain items didn't end up in the wrong hands.
    Gotta protect Naomi’s diary…
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List