Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Naomi Biden's SS detail opens fire on would-be car thieves

Quote Originally Posted by DMF13 View Post
    Was Eva Longoria there to explain how Secret Service agents handle the manual safety on their SIG P228 pistols?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443632/
    She resigned from the agency because Biden couldn’t keep his hands off of her…

Name:  IMG_0835.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  38.5 KB

I can keep doing this all day if you persist on feeding me these hanging sliders.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    If there are select fire mp5s mounted to the console in plain sight and parked on a Georgetown street in the middle of the night are there some type of alarm/electronic notifications given to agents in an event of a theft? Or were the agents just in the right place at the right time?
    When I was a designated limo driver for a couple of TDYs, I had to stay with the vehicle. If I had to take a bathroom break, I had to have another agent relieve me first. It does no good to run a bomb dog over a vehicle, if you are gonna walk away from it for 5 min to pee. If you have to make a quick evac, driver has to always be there with the vehicle. So the vehicle can not be left unattended... hence the long guns always have someone there to keep an eye on things. There may or may not be security measures, which are not for open public discussion. There is always a highly visible deterrent screen of agents... and ton of stuff you will never notice.

Biden's granddaughter is a much lower level of scrutiny than a world leader. So not sure what level of coverage she would have...
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Lots of random people have death threats.

That doesn't mean the USG is responsible for providing them a protective detail.

Hey, I had death threats when I was practicing, where was my SS detail?

(Seriously, though, I did report them to the judge on the cases. He contacted the chief judge and then told me that I had permission to carry my gun into the courthouse.)
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Hey, I had death threats when I was practicing, where was my SS detail?

(Seriously, though, I did report them to the judge on the cases. He contacted the chief judge and then told me that I had permission to carry my gun into the courthouse.)
    I had relatives in Europe back in the 40's that got SS details...but not the USSS.

I had the pleasure of working on Jessie Jackson's detail when he was in Miami campaigning many moons ago. (He was a jackass then too.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I had relatives in Europe back in the 40's that got SS details...but not the USSS.
    Yeah, supposedly they're pretty sensitive about being called the SS. I shouldn't joke about that, those bastards (the original SS) pruned my family tree.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Yeah, supposedly they're pretty sensitive about being called the SS. I shouldn't joke about that, those bastards (the original SS) pruned my family tree.
    I think we can all appreciate the slight of a deliberately applied slur in combination with the annoyance towards the imprecision of the whole thing.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    He won't grant SS protection to RFK Jr. who has active death threats. But his granddaughter has full coverage!
    One way to eliminate the competition.

What handgun is the SS rockin' these days? Wasn't it the FN5.7 for a while?
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Quote Originally Posted by CSW View Post
    One way to eliminate the competition.

What handgun is the SS rockin' these days? Wasn't it the FN5.7 for a while?
    Their primary handgun was the SIG P229 in 357 SIG from the 90s up to a couple years ago. They're piggy backing off the CBP contract now, so most of the agents are carrying a Gen 5 Glock 19.

ETA: As for long guns since the MP5s were mentioned above, I think they still have them but don't use them. The standard long gun they're employing these days is an 11.5" KAC SR16. They have suppressors, but only use the suppressors when training on the range for the sake of additional hearing protection...as it was explained to me, primarily for the benefit of the FIs who are on the range all day long. They typically don't have the suppressors mounted when working in the field for the sake of compactness.
    Last edited by TGS; 11-15-2023 at 08:34 AM.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Out of my lane obviously, but a question. It seems the shot didn't hit anybody. What are the consequences of that? Was it a warning shot as mentioned or if you don't hit - do you get a negative evaluation as if you shoot, you should hit.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Assuming the agent was within policy and the law, likely nothing will happen. If the shots caused property damage or injury to someone else, that person can file a tort claim against the government to be compensated.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List