Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JCN's bad ideas, part 324... IDPA BUG....

The flashlight does need to meet the 60 lumen requirement in ESP rules

I didn't realize that BUG followed ESP rules. I shoot in SSP and have looked once in a while quite longingly at ESP rules. Gamer's gona game! I love it so keep on showing us what you do to make it fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    The flashlight does need to meet the 60 lumen requirement in ESP rules
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    I didn't realize that BUG followed ESP rules. I shoot in SSP and have looked once in a while quite longingly at ESP rules. Gamer's gona game! I love it so keep on showing us what you do to make it fit.
    Going to use this donor once I find the rear sights.

Name:  IMG_5028.jpg
Views: 291
Size:  20.2 KB

I have two subminor ammo choices lying around my garage. The Eley PCC and the Steve Foster Steel Challenge ammo.

Will have to see what kind of velocities and power factor they make out of this barrel.

Then alter porting to capitalize. For margin, will shoot for around 100 power factor.

Then once I pick a load and optimize barrel.

Order a Dawson fiber front that is appropriate height.

THEN start cutting grip module and flashlight.

Do you have any major matches coming up that you are you planning to shoot?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Do you have any major matches coming up that you are you planning to shoot?
    Yes and no....

I do, but they're out of town matches to meet up with PF buddies and hang out. It's more of a social shoot than anything else for me.

I like IDPA for out of town fun events because stages are simpler and usually less technical... the order of COF is usually prescribed and so are foot positions with fault lines so it's just a shooting test rather than a field course problem solving / footwork / execution test.

USPSA takes a lot more studying and walking of stages. IDPA I can study match book, tweak it in the walk through and go (for the most part).

I'm pretty much committed to shooting my IDPA CO gun which is usable for PCSL and 2-gun as well. I'll run Open Minor for local USPSA stuff, but that's not my prime focus right now.

So why bother with these things?

1. I like optimizing equipment.
    2. Local IDPA allows double entry.
    3. My wife will probably start local IDPA next year and I usually clear the next closest pistol shooter locally by 30 seconds... so it might behoove me to decrease my overall score by adding more reloads to keep from demotivating her.
    4. If they ever make BUG-Optic... I would seriously, seriously consider it. I feel like if IDPA are smart, they will consider it.

Nice. I'll be at the CCP Championship in Valdosta next month, then Florida for the IDPA championship in February, then Alabama's IDPA Championship in June. Trying to add some more

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    You know I love following your projects but hacking up a gun to fit in a box seems kind of crazy.
    Um, you do know this guy, don't you? "Crazy ideas" are where he lives. And sometimes, it really works.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Um, you do know this guy, don't you? "Crazy ideas" are where he lives. And sometimes, it really works.
    Oh yes. That is why I said I will be following even if it seems a bit crazy. Whatever JCN is doing, I like to see the tech techniques and, sometimes the materials, he employs. Now that I understand that CO follows ESP rules, the 'crazy' no longer applies.

Maybe more bad ideas

@benmac

I have been looking at P10S with their crazy closeout deals and see what I can do with it.

Apparently the nose is just 0.1 inches too long…. I think I can probably work around that.

It might be a good BUG gun in theory and an SCD would make it a good candidate for gun games.

User Tag List