Thread: TOP GUNS (a show kind of like Top Shot?)

TOP GUNS (a show kind of like Top Shot?)

Have you guys seen this? It came across when I was looking at something else.

Thanks JCN. We really enjoyed top shot so this will be great. Setting my recorder to search for it now.
    EDIT to ad; WOW this is weird. My satelite TV search doesn't find it. Go to the History Channel website and they don't list it. Do a google search on the web and it is not found. But youtube on the web comes up w/ two of those you posted.
    Last edited by CraigS; 11-12-2023 at 09:33 AM.

This doesn't just look like Top Shot, it feels exactly like it. Same production style, camera work, and as near as I can tell, the exact same filming location. I wonder when this was produced, because I see both Mike and Chris and I don't remember them talking about filming this any time in recent memory.

Super weird

Edit, okay that makes sense - I did some digging because I was absolutely overcome by curiosity, and Top Guns was a 2012 spin-off of Top Shot that used a lot of the same cast members and of course the production staff. It ran for one season in 2012 and was supposed to be the follow-up to Top Shot, but it was cancelled after its first run. Top Shot was cancelled after Season 5 the following year. It looks like History just dumped a ton of old content onto this YT channel like 5 months ago and left it there.

Still, neat stuff!
    Last edited by jetfire; 11-12-2023 at 11:22 AM.

Sandy Hook happened in late 2012 and may have been the catalyst for the show's single season.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    This doesn't just look like Top Shot, it feels exactly like it. Same production style, camera work, and as near as I can tell, the exact same filming location. I wonder when this was produced, because I see both Mike and Chris and I don't remember them talking about filming this any time in recent memory.

Super weird

Edit, okay that makes sense - I did some digging because I was absolutely overcome by curiosity, and Top Guns was a 2012 spin-off of Top Shot that used a lot of the same cast members and of course the production staff. It ran for one season in 2012 and was supposed to be the follow-up to Top Shot, but it was cancelled after its first run. Top Shot was cancelled after Season 5 the following year. It looks like History just dumped a ton of old content onto this YT channel like 5 months ago and left it there.

Still, neat stuff!
    Now if only they would dust off "Tales of the Gun" and put that up on YouTube!
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Sandy Hook happened in late 2012 and may have been the catalyst for the show's single season.
    I'm certain that didn't help; especially because it was also right around then that the "No more gray hair" edict came down from on high.

User Tag List