Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: G26 in a G17 AIWB Holster?

That's the only way I roll. I do have one JMCK that "headspaces" off the rail, so that won't work for a G26. Otherwise, that's the length holster that I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay585 View Post
    Just picked up a G26 Gen5, don't have a holster for it. I do, however, have a G17 holster that I use for my G47/19

Am I going to shorten the life of the holster by carrying a G26 in it?
    I used to carry a G27 in a kydex holster made for a G22. I did it on purpose, as the longer holster helped keep the butt of the gun from trying to flop away from my body, and the shorter grip of the G27 was easier to conceal. There were no ill effects on the holster.

Site Supporter
    I have a JM Road Dog for my G17 RDS gun. My 26 fits well in it also. I'm a OWB guy. I've never used one of those gigantic plastic platters of a holster as mine are oriented towards concealment under a floppy shirt or jacket.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    ...we just need a factory Glock 50 (G26 frame with a G17 slide)!
    Make it a 22 slide on a 3rd gen. 27 frame and I'll buy two.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by cosermann View Post
    Yep.

Now we just need a factory Glock 50 (G26 frame with a G17 slide)! Come on Glock!
    Here's a pic I found on Lightfighter: 17L with G26 grip.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Here's a pic I found on Lightfighter: 17L with G26 grip.
    I’m sure that balances well. That’s like a 642 with 6” steel barrel. Hey if you want velocity, sight radius and concealment there ya go

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I’m sure that balances well. That’s like a 642 with 6” steel barrel. Hey if you want velocity, sight radius and concealment there ya go
    I guess it made one person happy; I hope.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    If someone had your AIWB holster for a 34 could/would you cut it to 26 length
    ?
    No, if you find the 34 length to long, trim it by a half inch or less at first (17 length) and try that for awhile to see if it works better. Once material is cut away, it cannot be glued back on , longer holsters are still usable whereas short ones that flop out and push the muzzle into you are useless. I find the 17 length holster, for any pistol and strong side iwb, to be perfect for me, but you have to figure that one out yourself for your body/pants/belt, etc. The biggest problem with appendix and/or strong side iwb carrying a short barreled gun is the less muzzle length you have the more your body will push on the grip and shove the muzzle into you (painful) and then flop out over the belt eventually. This is exacerbated when you have a "successful American body" aka fat rolls

Longer is always better!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    No, if you find the 34 length to long, trim it by a half inch or less at first (17 length) and try that for awhile to see if it works better. Once material is cut away, it cannot be glued back on , longer holsters are still usable whereas short ones that flop out and push the muzzle into you are useless. I find the 17 length holster, for any pistol and strong side iwb, to be perfect for me, but you have to figure that one out yourself for your body/pants/belt, etc. The biggest problem with appendix and/or strong side iwb carrying a short barreled gun is the less muzzle length you have the more your body will push on the grip and shove the muzzle into you (painful) and then flop out over the belt eventually. This is exacerbated when you have a "successful American body" aka fat rolls

Longer is always better!
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have a JM Road Dog for my G17 RDS gun. My 26 fits well in it also. I'm a OWB guy. I've never used one of those gigantic plastic platters of a holster as mine are oriented towards concealment under a floppy shirt or jacket.
    OWB holsters aren't plagued nearly as much by the roll out issues. Thanks for the business!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

User Tag List