Thread: Customized Ex-birdshead Wrangler

Customized Ex-birdshead Wrangler

I have been customizing my Ex-Birdshead Wrangler. I swapped the grip frame, installed a Bisley trigger and a Single Six hammer and grip screws (no more torx). I had a gunsmith machine the frint sight off and I installed a Marbles #29N 3/8" dovetail sight with a brass bead. It was fun but I wanted a better sight that my 50 year old eyes could see better.

I stumbled across an ad for Skinner sights for rifles. I took a chance and bought a 3/8" dovetail brass sight.
    Name:  IMG_0389.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  73.9 KBName:  IMG_0390.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  55.5 KB
    It arrived today and I had to file the brass dovetail slightly and press-fitted it with a few blows of the punch and hammer.

The sight was too tall so I reduced the height and rounded the muzzle end of the sight to look more appropriate.

I'm very pleased and it is easier to see!

I'm refusing to click the like button for removing a birdshead gripframe. But the rest of the project is a beaut.

Jesus! But also look how well that turned out. Very nice, ultimately.

Site Supporter
    Extremely cool! I have been pondering trying that because I would love a short barreled one but just can’t learn to love the birdshead. I have tried. That is nifty!

And I would love to put a birdshead on a 4 5/8” barreled one.

I like it!

I like birdshead grips better, but I’ve found that one size doesn’t fit all for handgun grips, and a man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do.

User Tag List