Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 1903

1903 RDS for the win. Vinny @monsoon_tactical doing the Lord’s work. JMB would be proud. 🤣

Name:  IMG_3339.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  40.4 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    1903 RDS for the win. Vinny @monsoon_tactical doing the Lord’s work. JMB would be proud. 🤣
    I was literally about to come back here and add “I also shouldn’t be allowed to own one of those Novak’s guns because I’d have someone put a dot on it.”

Put a real thumb safety on one of these with a dot, get me a quality AIWB holster, and I will 100% carry it.

I wonder if it was a pre- or post-upgrade gun that killed Steve Malloy

Longtime S.W.A.T. Magazine Contributing Staff Member Steve Malloy was killed in a tragic shooting accident at his home on April 16.

As best as can be determined, Steve had a 1903 Colt pistol in his waistband and when he bent over to tie his shoes, the pistol fell onto the floor and discharged—the bullet struck Steve in the chest. He was found in the garage, apparently trying to leave the home to summon aid.

Hi wife Rhonda, daughter Stacey and son Ross survive him. Second Amendment proponents have lost a valuable ally. The firearms industry has lost an excellent writer. We have lost a friend. Rest in peace, Brother.

-Denny Hansen
    -S.W.A.T. Magazine
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I wonder if it was a pre- or post-upgrade gun that killed Steve Malloy

Longtime S.W.A.T. Magazine Contributing Staff Member Steve Malloy was killed in a tragic shooting accident at his home on April 16.

As best as can be determined, Steve had a 1903 Colt pistol in his waistband and when he bent over to tie his shoes, the pistol fell onto the floor and discharged—the bullet struck Steve in the chest. He was found in the garage, apparently trying to leave the home to summon aid.

Hi wife Rhonda, daughter Stacey and son Ross survive him. Second Amendment proponents have lost a valuable ally. The firearms industry has lost an excellent writer. We have lost a friend. Rest in peace, Brother.

-Denny Hansen
    -S.W.A.T. Magazine
    Liked for the value of the information and not for the outcome.

Looks like at least 2 mistakes contributed to the mishap.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Link goes to a blog. Is that your blog?

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    It's not Steph's blog, but Tam is a member here.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Neither confirm nor deny.

Try this:

https://www.recoilweb.com/classic-ca...ss-181974.html
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

My wife and I watched Operation Chromite a few years ago, and I thought they were using Colt 1903 pistols. They were actually Tokarev TT-33 pistols, and played a big role throughout the movie.

Name:  IMG_6668.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  53.4 KB

I had one for quite a bit that came from the super pawn & gun in a WW2 era full flap belt holster with a magazine in the magazine pocket that was for some other gun. Sights sucked, thumb safety sucked, but you could zip a whole mag of .32 into the 10 ring of a B-8 pretty easily at close range. I think I still have some zimmer patron plastic bullet practice ammo somewhere, which was… um, sometimes we shot up the house from the inside in the 1990s? In a safe way of course. Super safe.

User Tag List