Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Constantine concealed carry belt

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Anyone still using this belt? Thinking about trying one but they seem sold out most places.
    I haven't tried one but I did just order one. HC's site just restocked early this morning is currently showing all colors and sizes in stock.

Not to de-rail the thread, but I recently got the Agonic EDB belt. Similar concept, but I liked that the elastic has stitched sections (marketed as places to store small items but I don't care about that) that will hopefully promote longevity. I'm aware of the claims about the HC belt in that regard but my experience with large uninterrupted pieces of elastic has said otherwise.

Rather than having a sewn in piece of stiffener to place where you carry, it has a piece of tegris( the same material as the plate on the enigma) mounted on the body side of the belt that is movable. I can see the loops that hold the tegris being the piece to fail first, especially with certain holster types if clips are regularly rubbing against them. Most of my carry is with a JM kydex Wing Claw 2.0 and I make a conscious effort to make sure the claw side DCC clip isn't rubbing against the loop next to it.

I've only had it for a week so call this an initial impression, but I've experienced none of the lower back or hip pain I usually get when carrying a full size gun. Concealment is the same to slightly better that the Blue Alpha EDC I used before, as the claw seems to tuck in more against the hard surface of the tegris and the clips are sandwiched between the tegris and the belt. Because of that, even with DCC clips, the clips are less visible if your belt is exposed.

I can also bend over and sit more comfortably and I don't have to pull my gun up or loosen my belt when I sit down anymore. This adds to better concealment as I'm no longer adjusting my belt/gun as I get in and out of my car or sit and stand at restaurants, etc.

It's also about $30-$40 cheaper after tax and shipping ($97 shipped for Agonic vs $126 and $136 for the Tier 1 EDC-S and HC, respectively) if that matters to you. I bought it to try purely because of the fact the elastic is segmented and hopefully lasts longer as a result. I'll probably still buy the HC or Tier 1 belt eventually to see which I like better. I can see the Agonic is probably more "fidgety" when putting on and attaching the holster to but once it's on there's nothing else to do until it's time to take it off.

At any rate, I can't see myself going back to traditional webbing belts even if they are cheaper and last longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectre3 View Post
    Not to de-rail the thread, but I recently got the Agonic EDB belt. Similar concept, but I liked that the elastic has stitched sections (marketed as places to store small items but I don't care about that) that will hopefully promote longevity. I'm aware of the claims about the HC belt in that regard but my experience with large uninterrupted pieces of elastic has said otherwise...
    Resident materials scientist here... I predict the opposite. Elastics have the greatest stresses at their points of attachment to a stiffer material. Stress concentrations are what typically produces failure. So, I don't think adding stitching would be more durable than a single elastic strap.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Haven’t tried the Agonic, but I do find the idea of have elastic material over clips — to reduce their profile and printing — intriguing.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

User Tag List