Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 49 Arrives

Site Supporter
    So people like a longer 17 slide and 19 grip because it helps them shoot better. Then there are folks who like a 19 slide and a 17 grip because it helps them shoot better. Then there are the 34s. Does it mean anything on DA STREETZ.

But if you put a light on the gun, that makes you shoot better, if you put weights on the bottom of the magazines.

OH, I get it.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    So people like a longer 17 slide and 19 grip because it helps them shoot better. Then there are folks who like a 19 slide and a 17 grip because it helps them shoot better. Then there are the 34s. Does it mean anything on DA STREETZ.

But if you put a light on the gun, that makes you shoot better, if you put weights on the bottom of the magazines.

OH, I get it.
    Face it, Glock could probably take any of their 9 mm pistols, make them in a different color, call that a new model and people would be lined up to buy them.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    after over 20 years of people asking for it, it is finally here! I may have lost interest somewhere back there.
    Over the last 25 years I have had plastic surgeons build me a pair, my brotherinlaw took one of them home, I will probably buy one of these next year with my GSSF blue label coupon when they are finally available in that blue label channel.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    after over 20 years of people asking for it, it is finally here! I may have lost interest somewhere back there.
    This.

By all means, though, wake me up when we get the G26 long slide.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    ... I have had plastic surgeons build me a pair ...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post

OH, I get it.
    There are G17 grip people and there are G19 grip people.

Glock must be watching my IG page and posts here on P-F.com, saw how cool that set up is and decided to follow my lead.

Name:  IMG_2025.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  50.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_3273.jpg
Views: 1107
Size:  81.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    When sales are low Glock can say it was just a special run. Some will buy it because it has a 49 on it.

I just want a 26X.
    I did a 26 macro.

Name:  IMG_4164.jpg
Views: 1084
Size:  102.9 KB

IMHO, after 5 generations of pistols Glock has finally got along with their pistol's reliability, simplicity and durability, their now improved accuracy with their Marksmen barrel. I believe these characteristics are now about as good as they are going to get them. But due to Glock’s rigid design philosophy and their own idea of perfection they have very incremental changes from generation to generation.

To “me” a pistols reliability of function is around 80% of the total package. It’s got to work with decent ammo every time with no excuses. To me the ultimate Glock pistol would be very similar to the Zev 0Z9 pistol, but with Glock's proven reliability, which I do not believe Zev is quite there yet. For *most people* the Zev's 1911 *type* grip angle is more natural pointing along with better grip frame ergonomics (undercut trigger guard, etc.. Yeah, you can kind of train around the grip angle, but like a cross eyed wife the Glock grip angle will always be a design flaw for many people and is always there.

I would probably add interchangeable back strap sizes to the grip module for different hand sizes and also an Agency Arms excellent (AOS) optic slide cut which is arguably the lowest, most secure and most versatile one available. The Zev chassis system adds a little more forward weight and adds much more rigidity to the grip frame, beefier slide guide rails and the ability to go from a full size to compact size grip module.The OZ9 also uses many Glock OEM compatible slide and fire control parts. Also, just like Glock pistols it is compatible with a Glock SCD, which *I*really like when carrying AIWB.

If possible maybe they could add the Glock 46's rotory barrel, so no comp needed and no increase in muzzle blast or a loss in ammo FPS. Glock could also probably design the whole pistol around stack and a half non over molded mags and shrink the grip thickness by around .100”. I would not be surprised to see a Gen 6 Glock introduced either at this year's or next year's SHOT Show.

I really like Glocks, but can’t keep track of all the options they have now. To me, they are now like the Apple iPhone of the gun industry. Every few months, they make a minor change and all the tacticool guys need to upgrade! New grip textures, with or without finger grooves, ambi controls, single or double stack, regular frame or slim frame, etc. All that said, my G19 gen 4 is still my bedside gun

User Tag List