Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 49 Arrives

This isn’t what I asked for. I want a 43 that takes 43x magazines. Also a 43x in .22 LR.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is this a 19 grip with a 19 hump or a 19 grip with a 17 hump? I guess Im wondering if this is the same as a cut down 17 or is it a long slide 19?
    Long slide G19. All existing parts.

The only change is the number on the slide changing from 47 to 49.
    Same gun you’d get with a 47 slide on a Gen5 G19 frame.

Just give me a grip without the hump please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Folks have different preferences for how a gun cycles, and may prefer a 47 length slide to a 19, irrespective of sight radius. Heck, there may even be that one guy out there, who claims the additional sight radius with his back up irons is meaningful.
    I would have preferred this over the 2nd 47 I bought. Glad to see it.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
    I really like Glocks, but can’t keep track of all the options they have now. To me, they are now like the Apple iPhone of the gun industry. Every few months, they make a minor change and all the tacticool guys need to upgrade! New grip textures, with or without finger grooves, ambi controls, single or double stack, regular frame or slim frame, etc. All that said, my G19 gen 4 is still my bedside gun
    What is funny is they didn't used to be. Go back in time 10 years or so and the M&P Shield had come out, some of us were still futzing with Kahrs, and everyone was screaming for a single stack glock. The Gen 3 was the only especially meaningful upgrade to the series in a while. I remember when the Gen 4 pistols came out and thinking wow I gotta get me one of those!

Site Supporter
    I carried one of these for-4-5 years before making the switch to RDS guns. As an iron sighted gun I think it's the best of both worlds. As an RDS gun I don't see a major advantage over a 19 unless you want every last FPS out of your carry ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I carried one of these for-4-5 years before making the switch to RDS guns. As an iron sighted gun I think it's the best of both worlds. As an RDS gun I don't see a major advantage over a 19 unless you want every last FPS out of your carry ammo.
    Agree. But in the realties of the market these days, everyone wants their own special snowflake. And they all sell.
    I have SWAT/SRT cops from different depts running everything from G19MOS, G45MOS, G47MOS, and G34MOS... and those are just the Glock depts.

Some extra weight below the belt line helps IWB guns carry better on some people. The little extra velocity will help some of the bulk pack JHP, which real people buy and carry far more commonly than P-F likes, perform more reliably. The reduced muzzle blast that much further from the shooter's face works out for some people. This may be the year of the optic in timer land but normies still run irons and the G17 focal length and/or sight radius works better for some. And this very forum has griped about companies making full grip, short slide pistols when "everyone knows that the butt is the hard part to conceal."

It'll sell like hotcakes, work fine, and a bunch of you will wind up with one. These are my predictions.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    This isn’t what I asked for. I want a 43 that takes 43x magazines. Also a 43x in .22 LR.
    They'ed have to make a 43/43X that was reliable first.

The 19L finally is available from the factory. Glock is always a few years/decades behind the want of the community.

User Tag List