Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Glock 49 Arrives

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    From whom? I might be interested in a gen 5 G30.

Now I gotta ping my LE rep...
    There is a discussion on the Glock Talk forum under General Glocking. The Gen5 G29 and G30 coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Center Shot View Post
    There is a discussion on the Glock Talk forum under General Glocking. The Gen5 G29 and G30 coming soon.
    Says NOT MOS -- that seems surprising.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Says NOT MOS -- that seems surprising.
    Hopefully they are wrong about that. I would love a Gen5 G29 MOS.

I've got zero need for one, but I don't think I could resist a non-MOS 30.5, I really don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've got zero need for one, but I don't think I could resist a non-MOS 30.5, I really don't.
    I sure don't *need* one, but I do have a fair stash of .45 ACP while not currently owning a .45...does a man need more justification than that?!

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I “made” one years ago thanks to Brownells.

Same here. Personally, I think it will sell simply because some people will like the look and balance more than a different configuration. I can understand the desire for something that gets you back on target in the competition sphere. Small fractions of a second per shot will add up depending on how many rounds are fired. However, I don't believe it matters in a self defense situation for the simple reason that people don't have an instant reaction to the shot, and aside from jerking because the were shot (one kind of reaction), unless it is a CNS hit, the physiological effect takes longer.

I have several variations of the Beretta 92. Personally, I don't like the appearance with 0.2" of barrel projecting from the end of the slide. Aesthetically, the 4.7" is much more attractive to me. Same thing here. If you like it, you like it. If you don't, you don't. That's really the heart of it. I have a G45. Were I to get the G49, then I would have 4 possible configurations, same as a G19 and G47. Just different numbers on the slide. But I put a comp on the G45, so I really don't have a G19 length slide/barrel anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If you put a RDS on an MOS gun, why do you care about having a longer sight radius as the blurb says.

What am I not seeing?
    Aside from others have mentioned I the way they shoot, you also get more velocity / same ammo or same velocity / lighter ammo. The latter is attractive to the gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I initially shot a Gen 4 19, the first year CO became a provisional division in USPSA. I was convinced that the 19 cycled flatter. Over time, I came to understand that while I perceived the slide to shoot flatter with a 19, my match performance was better with a 34.
    I’ve seen it over and over again.

There’s people who think the 19 slide is faster, and there’s those who use shot timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    I'll grab a Blue Label one.
    Are these going to come up in Blue Label or is that not going to happen because they are a distributor exclusive?

Quote Originally Posted by JJN View Post
    Are these going to come up in Blue Label or is that not going to happen because they are a distributor exclusive?
    I’ll reach out the my GLOCK LE rep tomorrow and ask.

User Tag List