Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 49 Arrives

Wink

IMO I think a long slide g19 really is the least desirable when shooting it. I rather shoot a g19.

I strongly prefer to shoot a g45 or 47

But tons will like a buy a G49.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are G17 grip people and there are G19 grip people.
    Yep; I actually shoot the 17 sized grip a little better(by numbers of plates downed on Rogers tests), but I "like" the 19 envelope better. That's with irons. With an optic mounted, I could clean some tests easier. @Glenn E. Meyer: will it get me killed on da streetz...I dunno, but I don't believe it will come down to grip length.
    This is coming out for a few reasons: 1) it'll sell, and 2) it's pretty easy for Glock to do. If one runs irons, a bit more sight radius. If one obsesses about muzzle velocity, it's an improvement. So there's the reasons, methinks...

I initially shot a Gen 4 19, the first year CO became a provisional division in USPSA. I was convinced that the 19 cycled flatter. Over time, I came to understand that while I perceived the slide to shoot flatter with a 19, my match performance was better with a 34.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I like the 19 grip for concealment. For gun handling (press checks, muzzle control, racking etc...) i prefer longer slides. This will give me best of both worlds and with a Booth Performance grip anchor, it handles like a 17 with my preferred edge in concealment and grip angle. Were i still running iron sight guns only, then the sight radius would be a plus. While i could buy a 47 and a 19 and make this, i now don't have to buy two and have a mutant that i don't want left over (i don't like the g45, personally).
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

I “made” one years ago thanks to Brownells.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I initially shot a Gen 4 19, the first year CO became a provisional division in USPSA. I was convinced that the 19 cycled flatter. Over time, I came to understand that while I perceived the slide to shoot flatter with a 19, my match performance was better with a 34.
    So I'm clear, you shot the 34 with an optic mounted?
    If that's the case, then the longer frame was probably a benefit; the 19 slide has a shorter cycle-so flatter-but the 34 was probably giving you a better draw, reloads and maybe some "balance" in your hands. I'd hazard a shooter at your level in a self defense situation that might not matter much. Other factors come into play, like awareness, decisiveness-you went to school-you know!
    Hell, I'm looking at a 26MOS as a retirement carry gun!

Me wants a Glock 46, not 49!

A Glock 49 plus a Booth Grip Anchor might be an interesting performer.

Since I started hooking my index finger on the trigger guard, the shorter 19 grip no longer feels small, and I prefer the feel to the 17/45 grip. Really sold on the LTT grip anchor.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Really sold on the LTT grip anchor.
    I am also a big fan of it. It reminded me of how much I liked the old RCS Freya magwell on the gen 3 and 4 19s.

User Tag List