Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 49 Arrives

Site Supporter

Glock 49 Arrives

Lots of people asked for it but will they buy it?

If someone can make it so the info appears without having to click it please do so. I tried looking it up and failed.

https://taloinc.com/news/talo-introd...s-to-us-market

https://taloinc.com/product/glock-49mos-introduction
    Last edited by steve; 11-08-2023 at 03:10 PM.

Yay.

Interesting to see the info published on Talo's website first. No word from Glock yet afaik ?

Don't all of us with a Glock 47 already have one of these with our various bits and pieces of perfection?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    If you put a RDS on an MOS gun, why do you care about having a longer sight radius as the blurb says.

The G49 MOS is essentially a G19 size grip frame with a G17 size slide, taking advantage of the proven carry frame size with a longer barrel and sight radius. This pistol is chambered in 9mm Luger, holds 15+1 rounds in standard magazine capacity, has a 4.49” barrel, Gen 5 characteristics, and the MOS system for mounting optics.
    What am I not seeing?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Don't all of us with a Glock 47 already have one of these with our various bits and pieces of perfection?
    When sales are low Glock can say it was just a special run. Some will buy it because it has a 49 on it.

I just want a 26X.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    If you put a RDS on an MOS gun, why do you care about having a longer sight radius as the blurb says.

What am I not seeing?
    Folks have different preferences for how a gun cycles, and may prefer a 47 length slide to a 19, irrespective of sight radius. Heck, there may even be that one guy out there, who claims the additional sight radius with his back up irons is meaningful.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

after over 20 years of people asking for it, it is finally here! I may have lost interest somewhere back there.

What am I not seeing?
    That's kind of been the argument I've seen on the forum over the past five years or so, if you have a red dot the G45 (G19) slide length is what you want so you get flatter recoil impulse. However, I recently happened on to Ben Stoeger's YouTube channel and noticed he's gone Glock and chose the G34 and optic.

Site Supporter
    I still don't get it. How the gun cycles - in my naive mind, the slide goes back and forth, the round come up and bullet goes out, the empty flies away. I don't recall significant performance at the 17 vs. 19 length in zombie killing. But if it sells, why not!

Is it a millisecond game thing?
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    I still don't get it. How the gun cycles - in my naive mind, the slide goes back and forth, the round come up and bullet goes out, the empty flies away. I don't recall significant performance at the 17 vs. 19 length in zombie killing. But if it sells, why not!

Is it a millisecond game thing?
    It's how the gun tracks up and down under recoil effects how efficiently the gun returns to Point of Aim.

The quicker / closer gun returns to POA the sooner you are able to fire your next shot accurately.

Timers and targets don't lie.

User Tag List