During my "enthusiast" stage of shotgun modifications, I ended up using either an IC or Mod tube in the two 870 barrels that were threaded for removable tubes, the former choke being what a gun was normally stowed in the safe with. In the end, any versatility offered was so rarely taken advantage of that I gave the tubes and the barrels (threaded by Steve Rose, BTW) to extended family. Removeable tubes still appeal to me in theory, at least when applied to a utility shotgun, but the more lazy and lackadaisical I get the less appealing the idea is. The younger me used to laugh at the duffers with Poly-Chokes and C-Lect Chokes, but there were some valid reasons for them.

I tested tubes and loads with the threaded 18.5" trad police barrel having the typical Remington rifle sights, and concluded that there were probably POI changes when I used slugs through different tubes. I say "probably" because I developed a case of the flinches from firing slugs in cold blood off of a rest. The 'sperimentin' ended sooner than intended.