Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 trigger reset

The Gen 5 has a weaker reset than previous gens as already stated but if your connector is bent to far outward it can pinch the trigger against the frame and make the reset weaker from friction. If you decide to tweak it be careful, if you bend it to far the other way the trigger will not release the striker ( I think, it's been awhile since I did this) and you will have to take the slide plate cover off and pull the striker out to disassmble the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy View Post
    The Gen 5 has a weaker reset than previous gens as already stated but if your connector is bent to far outward it can pinch the trigger against the frame and make the reset weaker from friction. If you decide to tweak it be careful, if you bend it to far the other way the trigger will not release the striker ( I think, it's been awhile since I did this) and you will have to take the slide plate cover off and pull the striker out to disassmble the gun.
    Thank you. I appreciate the input.

So I got another reply from Glock today and the rep sent me info on how to send my pistol back to Glock for repair and evaluation. He recommended I use an FFL to send it in. Shouldn’t Glock supply me with a shipping label since this is an almost brand new pistol? Not to mention the fact that this is clearly a defect that shouldn’t have gotten past their qc? Am I asking too much?

Yes, I know this has little, if any, impact on how the gun functions. But if Glock is not made aware there is an issue, how can they uphold the standard?

Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post
    So I got another reply from Glock today and the rep sent me info on how to send my pistol back to Glock for repair and evaluation. He recommended I use an FFL to send it in. Shouldn’t Glock supply me with a shipping label since this is an almost brand new pistol? Not to mention the fact that this is clearly a defect that shouldn’t have gotten past their qc? Am I asking too much?

Yes, I know this has little, if any, impact on how the gun functions. But if Glock is not made aware there is an issue, how can they uphold the standard?
    Why did you buy the gun if you are unhappy with the milling marks?

Those aren't milling lines. Looks like hand filing or something like that. It's definitely not machined marks.

When I had a similar issue, Glock sent me a prepaid FedEx label. I’ve heard other accounts similar to yours. It just depends on which CS rep you get. You can call them back and see if you can talk them into covering shipping.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Out of curiosity, was this purchased brand new or used ?

In the past I had the chance to inspect many (many!) new Glocks, and never once did I see anything like that coming from the factory. These are not machining marks, looks like bubba took a file to the slide.

Quote Originally Posted by MTP View Post
    Out of curiosity, was this purchased brand new or used ?

In the past I had the chance to inspect many (many!) new Glocks, and never once did I see anything like that coming from the factory. These are not machining marks, looks like bubba took a file to the slide.
    It was brand new. It may be kinda hard to tell in the picture, because there seems to be some wear on top of the marks I’m talking about, but they are very clean lines and are under the dlc coating.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Why did you buy the gun if you are unhappy with the milling marks?
    If I had seen them before I bought it, I wouldn’t have.

If I had seen them before I bought it, I wouldn’t have.
    You didn’t inspect the gun?

User Tag List