Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 trigger reset

Gen 5 trigger reset

Hi all,

I recently purchased a couple gen 5 glocks, a 26, and now a 19. The 26 is great, runs perfectly, but I noticed some vertical milling lines inside the ejection port near the breach face. Doesn’t seem to affect operation, but I’m not pleased. Currently waiting to hear back from Glock on that. The 19 seems to function fine, but I noticed the trigger reset seems weak to me. I hadn’t noticed it with the 26, but compared the my gen 4 19, both are weak. The 26 is barely, but the 19 is definitely weaker than my gen 4 19. I spoke to the guy at Glock about this as well. He said as long as I haven’t actually had a failure to reset, it’s probably just a difference between gens. He said of course they can check it out if I’d like, but first just clean it thoroughly because it’s probably normal. What do you all think? I’ve put about 115 rounds through the 19 so far. Full disclosure, I do tend to ride the reset and I short stroked the trigger at one point. That’s what really brought this to my attention. I’ve read that I shouldn’t ride the reset, but haven’t totally trained it out yet. Maybe it’s catching up with me?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Can you post a photo of the vertical milling line near the breachface? My first thought with that description was the Gen5 breachface cut that helps ejection.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Gen 5s reset just fine. Quit ridding it and you won’t have an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
    Gen 5s reset just fine. Quit ridding it and you won’t have an issue.
    Lol I appreciate the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Can you post a photo of the vertical milling line near the breachface? My first thought with that description was the Gen5 breachface cut that helps ejection.
    Name:  IMG_7316.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  61.3 KBName:  IMG_7316.jpg
Size:  61.3 KB

I’m pretty sure it’s not that…my gen 5 19 doesn’t have them…

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by leathermaneod View Post

That looks ugly. Glock should address that as a warranty issue.

Regarding reset.

Gen 5s use a different trigger spring set up vs prior generations so IME the reset is less pronounced.

Riding trigger reset is something Glock’s training division popularized because Glocks had pronounced reset. So they decided to spin it as a feature rather than a bug.

It is slower and less efficient than prepping the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Riding trigger reset is something Glock’s training division popularized because Glocks had pronounced reset. So they decided to spin it as a feature rather than a bug.
    I have to quote this for emphasis.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    That looks ugly. Glock should address that as a warranty issue.

Regarding reset.

Gen 5s use a different trigger spring set up vs prior generations so IME the reset is less pronounced.

It is slower and less efficient than prepping the trigger.
    That was my thought as well. I was emailing back and forth with a gentleman from Glock yesterday. Haven’t got an answer yet, but I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your input on the trigger. Can you give me a brief description of prepping the trigger?

Site Supporter
    That was my thought as well. I was emailing back and forth with a gentleman from Glock yesterday. Haven’t got an answer yet, but I will keep you posted.

Thank you for your input on the trigger. Can you give me a brief description of prepping the trigger?
    letting the trigger all the way out and prepping to a point (prior to the break ) which you determine based on the trigger pull characteristics (weight, length) and/or shot difficulty.

There are variations, some people maintain contact with the trigger as they let it out, others take their finger completely off (aka The "flip and press").

It winds up being quicker, easier and more consistent than waiting for then feeling for the reset (aka "click bang"). Essentially "click bang" is putting the emphasis on the wrong part of the cycle. i.e. waiting on the gun as you let the trigger out to the felt reset vs getting ahead of the gun and prepping to set yourself up for the next shot sooner, rather than faster.

Prep also allows your firing hand / trigger finger to be more relaxed and less subject to trigger freeze when shooting quickly IME.
    Last edited by HCM; 11-07-2023 at 12:54 PM.

Vending Machine Operator

Yikes. I would not find that acceptable.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List