Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Walther PD380, new TDA compact.

Site Supporter
    [BB gun company re-markets dopey gun from 15 years ago with a meh DA/SA trigger and no decocker]

[No one cares]

Gun Industry: "Numbers don't lie--modern consumers just aren't interested in DA/SA guns."
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter
    I'm still trying to under stand all the hype about a 380 that is the size of several compact 9mms. Did I not get a memo or something?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    I'm still trying to under stand all the hype about a 380 that is the size of several compact 9mms. Did I not get a memo or something?

Dave
    I think they saw the Beretta 380 and wanted some of that market! Love the big man and little cartridge thing going on.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Yep. That sure looks like Walther’s shittiest center fire pistol with a PDP-style cosmetics update. As always, the correct approach to buying Walther guns is to avoid like the plague anything that’s actually being made by the Umarex factory.

“All new.” Uh huh.

...hype about a 380 that is the size of several compact 9mms. Did I not get a memo or something?
    Low recoil, mellow muzzle blast, save lead and powder for reloaders while consumables are scarce, lightning fast splits for them what care, arthritis friendly, people keep parking pinkie extension mags in tiny guns to make them bigger anyway, and they are plain fun.

Dave
    I laughed when I read "Step into a new era of firepower and elegance"

This thing is the opposite of elegant. It is chonky with edges galore.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Low recoil, mellow muzzle blast, save lead and powder for reloaders while consumables are scarce, lightning fast splits for them what care, arthritis friendly, people keep parking pinkie extension mags in tiny guns to make them bigger anyway, and they are plain fun.
    Good points.

Smith & Wesson does pretty well with their EZ guns. Maybe they took that cue and said, "Saaaay, we've got this old PK380 laying around--it's kinda the same thing."

And the marketing person was like, "We're Walther. Let's re-position it with some kitschy secret agent BS that wholly embraces an antiquated perspective on our brand identity."
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    If that's the trailer for a new season of Strike Back, there's not nearly enough gratuitous sex to...

... oh, damn, wrong forum. Sorry, y'all. Walther's ad agency had me confused for a moment there.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

I was so excited by the thread title, then so disappointed when I checked out their website.

The thing that aggravates me the most is referring to the safety as a "decocker" when it is just a safety that doesnt orevent you from manually decocking. I feel like thats worse gun-vocab than referring to a magazine as a "clip".

Do the Scooby Doo meme of Fred pulling off the mask to reveal the PK380:

https://waltherarms.com/pd380

User Tag List