Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCD for the CZ P10

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Does anyone have any info on this company or designer?

I thought the P10 was a fully tensioned striker, which made it difficult to make an SCD for it.
    I'm a new company, so no, I doubt you'll find any information on me! The P-10 has a striker that moves rearward quite a bit before firing. It's not fully tensioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirolynmonbro View Post
    Saw this on Instagram and thought I'd share.

https://danforthdesigns.com/product/cz-p-10-scd/

CZ P-10 Holstering Safety also known as a “Striker Control Device” or “the gadget” works for the C, F, and S models. This device works by blocking the rearward travel of the trigger and striker, preventing it from firing while the backplate is depressed. The installation is quite simple, and a video on this will be made prior to the release of these products. Adding this part to your firearm will give you added peace of mind while holstering your weapon.

This item is currently on sale for PRE-ORDER. The item will begin shipping by February 1st, 2024
    Thanks a ton for sharing this! How'd you see it? And ad? Or organically?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanye Wyoming View Post
    Same. Tom Jones said that a few years ago, and that as a result an SCD was feasible. This would be a welcome development. Has anyone ever heard of or had experience with the folks at Danforth Design? In their online store, this seems to be the only product
    It is my first and only product!

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    the pictures make the fit/finish or machining look a bit rough but I love that they are doing it! Very cool.
    The part pictured is a crappy 3d printed steel Chinese prototype. Those pictures will updated once my 5 production quality prototypes are coated. They're machined of USA 416 SS in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I also assumed this was an SCD for a fully tensioned striker design, which I understand (per some of the original designer’s comments here on PF) to be possible if you have the SCD work with the trigger bar instead of the striker. Given all the praise for the P10’s trigger (including favorable comparisons to the PPQ) I’d doubt there’s much rearward travel to speak of, but maybe I’m wrong.

As I always say in threads speculating as to non-Glock SCDs, someone do the PPQ/PDP next so it’s finally actually as good a carry gun as the PPS.
    Your comment got me thinking, and I took a look at another striker fired gun with a fully tensioned striker, and it just might be possible. I'll take a look at the PPQ/PDP too! The P-10 has a lovely trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by benmac View Post
    Thanks a ton for sharing this! How'd you see it? And ad? Or organically?
    I think it appeared on my stories when I was tapping through them

Quote Originally Posted by benmac View Post
    Your comment got me thinking, and I took a look at another striker fired gun with a fully tensioned striker, and it just might be possible. I'll take a look at the PPQ/PDP too! The P-10 has a lovely trigger.
    I have no idea how feasible it is - I just remember Tom mentioning here that the trigger bar could work for a fully tensioned design.

I also don’t know what the market is but Walthers certainly aren’t unpopular, and on a completely selfish note, if they had a “Holstering Safety” I’d never have to talk myself out of buying a Glock again. M&Ps would be worth looking at, and of course anything that reduces the odds of a 320 shooting yet another person is a good thing.

This forum is a small sample size, but around here at least, I think there are a lot of people who would happily carry a striker gun other than Glock if only they could put a device like the SCD on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    I have no idea how feasible it is - I just remember Tom mentioning here that the trigger bar could work for a fully tensioned design.

I also don’t know what the market is but Walthers certainly aren’t unpopular, and on a completely selfish note, if they had a “Holstering Safety” I’d never have to talk myself out of buying a Glock again. M&Ps would be worth looking at, and of course anything that reduces the odds of a 320 shooting yet another person is a good thing.

This forum is a small sample size, but around here at least, I think there are a lot of people who would happily carry a striker gun other than Glock if only they could put a device like the SCD on them.
    Your last statement is the camp I am in! I have a P-01, and I tried to love the 43x for ccw with SCD but I never could. I will eventually transition over to a P-10, I've been using my wife's for testing.

@jlw, are you still running a P-10?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    @jlw, are you still running a P-10?
    Sort of. I still have them.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

User Tag List