Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCD for the CZ P10

Site Supporter
    My lgs is a CZ dealer and buys direct from them. CZ has reduced P10 prices, and my shop was selling them for $400. They are poor sellers. The factory rep and I visit occasionally. After withstanding my grilling, he's convinced me that are reliable weapons. The P10 is a couple ounces heavier than a comparable Glock. Mine shoots accurately. The other standard models cost too much in my opinion. Their price is almost in the HK category. Though I like the P10, I bought it cheap, mainly because I can't break the habit. My advice to anybody asking is buy a Glock Gen 5 for all the obvious reasons. My P10 lives under towels in a bathroom closet.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
    As I always say in threads speculating as to non-Glock SCDs, someone do the PPQ/PDP next so it’s finally actually as good a carry gun as the PPS.
    I'm still EDCing my PPS M1 since the day I purchased it, and I still can find no reason to replace it. The striker protruding from the rear of the slide as the trigger is pulled serves the same function.

I also have a PPQ, but that uses a fully-tensioned striker so a SCD does not apply.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights | EDC Light Builder P-F Sub-forum

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar

SCD for the CZ P10

Love it, very refreshing news. P10 always looked interesting, but to me it was more a PPQ/PDP competitor rather than G19 competitor precisely because it lacked a SCD/thumb safety. An asocial vs social pistol. Glad to see that change!

Does LTT not hold all the IP in regard to the SCD, or do they just do manufacturing while the Patent is open for anyone to utilize?
    Last edited by Hot Sauce; 11-06-2023 at 05:04 PM.
    Gaming will get you killed in the streets. Dueling will get you killed in the fields.
    -Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I remember reading the P10 used a partially tensioned striker.
    Same. Tom Jones said that a few years ago, and that as a result an SCD was feasible. This would be a welcome development. Has anyone ever heard of or had experience with the folks at Danforth Design? In their online store, this seems to be the only product

I think it's cool that this product has expanded beyond Glock, but wasn't the SCD patented? I don't see any mention of licensing.

IIRC the patent was released (or whatever the term of art is) by Tau, so it is effectively public domain.

According to the list of partially/fully precocked striker guns that I haven't updated lately, the Glock, P10, and PPS are the only ones using that partially precocked design, with the PPS being the only one using an SCD feature out of the box. A design based off the trigger bar would probably require something more invasive than a backplate swap.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    IIRC the patent was released (or whatever the term of art is) by Tau, so it is effectively public domain.
    We can thank a member that will remain nameless for that act of generosity. As if the guy wasn’t cool enough before.

Carry on.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    the pictures make the fit/finish or machining look a bit rough but I love that they are doing it! Very cool.
    Understandable! This part is actually mine! I finally made an account for this forum, and I'm happy to answer any questions! The part pictured is a prototype made in China out of 3D printed steel. I just threw some spray paint on it and did a photo shoot to get a little traction. I have five 416 SS machined prototypes that are in the process of being coated, and the pictures will soon show them with a nice Black Nitride coating!

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I think it's cool that this product has expanded beyond Glock, but wasn't the SCD patented? I don't see any mention of licensing.
    It was, but the patent expired and it is now public domain!

Thanks a ton for sharing that! It's my part, and it is my first product! I'm really happy to see people sharing it like this organically. May I ask how you saw it on instagram? Was it via an ad? Or just a post/story?

User Tag List