Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DeFoor sight feedback/RFI?

DeFoor sight feedback/RFI?

I had a set of these sights once—on a G43, If I recall correctly—but my eyes have changed several times since then. Any thoughts on these things for a plain black steel set? Enough light on each side of the post, etc.?

Any opinions pro/con welcome.

Thanks gang.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I had a set of these sights once—on a G43, If I recall correctly—but my eyes have changed several times since then. Any thoughts on these things for a plain black steel set? Enough light on each side of the post, etc.?

Thanks gang.
    I need to replace the factory sights on my G48’s. I just started using reading glasses.

Thanks gang.
    All I used to use on glocks. Simple black irons, good light on each side of the front blade.

They’re the only things I add to Glocks, fantastic sights.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

@breakingtime91 @PNWTO you two guys and your input is good enough for me, thanks.

@Cookie Monster hate to say, it’s not going to get any better, buddy.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    They're great. Had 'em on a couple Glocks through the years. In fact my "main squeeze" still has a Defoor rear and FO front (the only upgrade I'd suggest if you weren't sold on night sights).

I do know they're pretty short. If you want dimensions I can check with my calipers. I think my front sight is Dawson, I had to call and get the size I wanted (which they did, no problem).

Site Supporter
    @breakingtime91 @PNWTO you two guys and your input is good enough for me, thanks.

@Cookie Monster hate to say, it’s not going to get any better, buddy.
    Yea, getting old is not for the weak.

Yep, I hand reading glassing off my shirt collar full time now. Gray continues to accumulate in the beard. My balance is off.

Thanks to PF for reminding me to spend more money.

Cheers to all the PNW folks.

Attention @Doublestack45
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

For those using these are you shooting them as they come or do you paint the front sight?

They're great bang for the buck. They are factory height, so they are fairly short, which may or may not be problematic for you.
    The front is .115" wide and the rear is a .150" notch, which is decently wide and leaves quite a bit of light on either side.

In comparison, Trijicon HD's are a .144" wide front and .169" rear notch which is certainly easier to see but also 3x the price.

I usually shoot them as-is. If you do paint the front, do a coat of white, let it cure, and then do a coat of orange.
    The white base layer really helps it pop; at least I think so! Sharpie paint pens work great for this. Personally, I like to use the fine tip pens.

Here's an old pic that's about the best I could take of a stock set of Ameriglo Defoors (GT-504). Simple and effective.

Name:  P1015367.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  27.6 KB

If you end up looking for other sights, common widths you'll find for the front are roughly: .125", .140", .160". For the rear notch: .140", .150", .160", .180".
    Putting it in perspective, most tritium sights on the market are usually a .125" wide front, or ~.140" like the Trijicon HD's.
    If you find those ~.115-.125" sizes are still a bit hard for the eyesight, stepping up to a ~.140" wide front is noticeably more visible.

About the widest I've seen are the Trijicon DI's, which are a .160" wide front and .169" rear notch. I can't find it at the moment but, from either Trijicon or Ameriglo, I could have sworn I saw a .180" rear notch option. Regardless, there are lots of options.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

User Tag List