Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: M855A1 Accuracy and Velocity

Quote Originally Posted by eric0311 View Post
    it’s like the AFT has entered the chat…..
    The AFT takes forgotten homework assignments very seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by bfoosh006 View Post
    Right, but the point that was being correctly made was that there is a high likelihood that every round of that M855A1 was diverted from a legitimate source to land in the secondary market.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I guess let me clarify this...

...I watched CNN,FOX,etc. as BILLIONS of dollars of high end kit was abandoned in AFG/IRQ. I have friends who served over there. I have signed ITAR agreements that I won't even let a non-US citizen LOOK THROUGH my NODS. I pay tens of thousands of dollars per year in federal taxes (and many on here pay way way more).

So when someone comes at me or someone like me sideways who bought some kind of ammo that our tax dollars already paid for because "YoU ShOuLDnT BuY THaT!" I feel some sort of way about it. It has nothing to do with "Libertarian" or whatever, it has to do with the absolute bullshit of sucking my tax dollars up to fund things like that when I have patients literally walk out of the hospital with potentially lethal issues "Because I don't have money for the bill", and then be told I can't buy a damn bullet because it's immoral for some reason or another. That's my issue with it.

M855A1 is not formally classified as owner of piercing ammo, and I would have no problem with it being sold commercially.

But theft is theft. Buying what a reasonable person would (or should) believe to be stolen property is facilitating theft.

It seems here you “doth protest too much”.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    M855A1 is not formally classified as owner of piercing ammo, and I would have no problem with it being sold commercially.

But theft is theft. Buying what a reasonable person would (or should) believe to be stolen property is facilitating theft.

It seems here you “doth protest too much”.
    Plenty of it wasn't stolen.

Site Supporter
    Plenty of it wasn't stolen.
    There are only two sources for m855a1:

That sold to entities in the firearms / defense industry for testing and product development; these sales normally come with caveat that the ammunition is not for commercial resale.

And that stolen or otherwise converted to cash for personal gain.

It’s entirely possible the OP acquired his legitimately via industry contacts “for science.”

But as discussed , any for sale online, at gun shows etc is reasonably attributable as stolen as there is no legitimate source for 855a1 for commercial resale at this time.

I guess let me clarify this...

...I watched CNN,FOX,etc. as BILLIONS of dollars of high end kit was abandoned in AFG/IRQ. I have friends who served over there. I have signed ITAR agreements that I won't even let a non-US citizen LOOK THROUGH my NODS. I pay tens of thousands of dollars per year in federal taxes (and many on here pay way way more).

So when someone comes at me or someone like me sideways who bought some kind of ammo that our tax dollars already paid for because "YoU ShOuLDnT BuY THaT!" I feel some sort of way about it. It has nothing to do with "Libertarian" or whatever, it has to do with the absolute bullshit of sucking my tax dollars up to fund things like that when I have patients literally walk out of the hospital with potentially lethal issues "Because I don't have money for the bill", and then be told I can't buy a damn bullet because it's immoral for some reason or another. That's my issue with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    There are only two sources for m855a1:

That sold to entities in the firearms / defense industry for testing and product development; these sales normally come with caveat that the ammunition is not for commercial resale.

And that stolen or otherwise converted to cash for personal gain.

It’s entirely possible the OP acquired his legitimately via industry contacts “for science.”

But as discussed , any for sale online, at gun shows etc is reasonably attributable as stolen as there is no legitimate source for 855a1 for commercial resale at this time.
    Sometimes it gets misshipped, too. I remember a bunch of people finding a few in their m855 bulk Bass Pro type purchases, lol! That said, I don't care how people came by it. Why should I? They wanna buy it, cool.

*mobile device quote error*

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    The AFT takes forgotten homework assignments very seriously.
    LoL

Site Supporter
    Good Grief people!

Ya'll know this stuff leaves some CSSB's qualification range as shorted dunnage or whatever all the damn time. You know how this stuff usually ends up on the market. Can't you at-ease that shit for 30 seconds and appreciate that a testable quantity of it made it into @Molon 's hands so he can deliver this top-shelf testing battery and information on it?
    Or maybe give @Molon the benefit of the doubt given his absolutely stellar track record for methodical data-driven analysis and consistent data collection methods and conclude that there's a very, very high probability he doesn't manage a night shift at Burger King for a living, and perhaps has legitimate sources and industry contacts for this sort of thing?

Or do we need to have the fuck-up-a-wet-dream flailing and raging over a handful of ammo when there's Fed/Mil organizations that lose whole-ass VEHICLES all the time?

This kind of ankle-biting what-about bullshit is exactly what drives bona-fide experts away from P-F. So simmer down. Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post

CSSB's
    Cedar Shake and Single Bureau has a range?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Cedar Shake and Single Bureau has a range?
    Combat Sustainment Support Battalion aka fobbit support dweebs that typically have sock-puppet morons or tryhard mouthbreathers for command teams, and between the failings of bad commanders plus getting shit on by the rest of the Army all the time, they usually have little motivation or morale. Hence, CSSB's tend to be (aren't always, but tend to be) rife with systemic rot across all things including supply discipline.
    Basically, if I had to bet on where any given 'lost' item or equipment came from, and I had to pick an Army element without any other clues or knowledge of local units or anything else, I'd bet on it being a CSSB.

User Tag List