Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AR Bolt Catch?

IMO they're worth it, mainly because I despise the tiny little boot heel shaped nub for locking the bolt open. If you don't mind spending the money, then FCD is the answer. I also like the one from Seekins Precision for a less expensive option.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    IMO they're worth it, mainly because I despise the tiny little boot heel shaped nub for locking the bolt open. If you don't mind spending the money, then FCD is the answer. I also like the one from Seekins Precision for a less expensive option.
    I've got a couple Seekins and Geisseles on mine. I've said for years I really never saw the need for oversized bolt or mag catches, but now that I've run a couple I wouldn't want to not have it.

Will the Geissele unit work with a gun equipped with anti-roll pins?

I doubt that you could lock the bolt to the rear using the bolt catch as the lower pad covers a portion of the hammer pin and the protrusion of the set screw on the hammer pin would likely prevent the user from depress the pad enough to engage the bolt catch.

Likewise to install or remove the anti-rotation pins you would have to remove the Maritime Bolt Catch in order to insert and tighten the set screws.

Nope, don't think it would work.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Never saw the point.

I run a maritime. Oem Bolt catches suck to manipulate when your hands are bloody. Trust me, it sucks. Give me a bigger bottom to lock the bolt back any fucking day.

Interesting that this thread came up now.
    I've been running a B.A.D. lever on my sbr for a while now and recently aquired a second AR.
    The lever finally got loose on the bolt release pad and was sloppy enough it was hard to lock the bolt open with it.
    I wanted both rifles to be the same so I've moved on from the bad lever.
    Bought two bolt catches from Strike Industries.
    https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar10-ebc.html.
    Very well made and easy to install and use.
    As fine motor skills diminish the larger pad makes life easier.
    They also sell one with an oversized extended release pad.
    https://www.strikeindustries.com/si-ar-xbc.html
    Just another option.
    Dean,
    “The duty of a patriot is to protect his country from its government.” - Thomas Paine
    "The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."- Antonio Meloni

User Tag List