Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sam Bankman-Fried Guilty on All Counts

Sam Bankman-Fried Guilty on All Counts

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...-fraud-charges

In the trial, he faced seven charges: Two counts of wire fraud and five conspiracy counts. The charges combined amount to a maximum sentence of 110 years behind bars. Judge Lewis Kaplan, who presided over the trial, set a sentencing hearing for the morning of March 28.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Does that mean his girlfriend is available?

I knew I could count on PF for the right perspective on this.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Suicide watch

*cough*
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

The self proclaimed smartest guy on the internet was not as smart as he thought he was. Wonder if he will be the mama or the papa in jail.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Suicide watch

*cough*
    This. He knows where a lot of laundering bodies are buried. He will soon join them is what my gut says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    The extradition agreement showed that the fix was in. Note how he was extradited on charges that only pertain to a subset of his criminal acts and that none of the charges that could potentially relate to the nitty gritty of the money that was shifted to NGO's and political actors.

Just Washington DC covering its ass as usual.
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    This. He knows where a lot of laundering bodies are buried. He will soon join them is what my gut says.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think it unlikely he was a sophisticated mastermind.

I think it is much more likely that he was useful to the people who are.

He might get Epstein'd, but I think that's unlikely because I don't think he had anything close to Epstein's knowledge of what all was really going on.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter

It is interesting to compare it with the Theranos fraud. Elizabeth Holmes didn't have a viable company and lied for years to regulators, investors, customers, and patients while hoping to conjour the impossible like the silicon valley distuptor she hoped to be. Investors & customers lost everything and patients got bad health data. For this she faced 20 years & was sentenced to 11.

SBF had a very viable company with the potential to be worth over $1 trillion. But his obsession with maximum growth caused him to illegally gamble with customer deposits. Technically his gambles were good bets with many already paying off this year. But he didn't tell customers he was using their money this way and he ran out of liquidity during last year's $2.2 trillion crypto crash.

Still as of today nearly all of the missing funds have been recovered with more recoveries every day. Even after paying massive fees to bankruptcy trustees, customers are expected to get at least 85% of their funds back and FTX itself may come back. Yet SBF faces over 100 years in prison

User Tag List