Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sam Bankman-Fried Guilty on All Counts

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I'm sorry, but that sounds like tinfoil hat blatherings.
    Sure. It's just coincidence that he ended up sitting on a huge pile of money and that it kept going out the door to the politically connected.

And that his extradition was on charges so limited that the exact path of the money and where it all went will never end up in court.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Years ago when she was first winding her thing up, I met Elizabeth Holmes in passing one evening in Denver. She certainly talked a good talk and came across as quite the intelligent entrepreneur.
    In reading about her she and people who met her, she seemed more like a pathological liar who actually believed her own lies.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L View Post
    In reading about her she and people who met her, she seemed more like a pathological liar who actually believed her own lies.
    That kind of person can be incredibly useful.

The narrative we have around Holmes centers on her. She got the media coverage and the glossy magazine covers and the press interviews. The members of her board, didn't. It's curious how these huge money scams keep ending up with the lens focused on one person while lots of other powerful and influential people are just outside the lens' focus. When it all crumbles it's the person that got the promotion and publicity that takes all of the blame, with nobody asking any questions about the other people involved and to what level they had an obligation to investigate or act.

But instead they show up and collect a paycheck to lend credibility (attracting more investor money) and buy access, and then when it all falls apart they just walk away with the money in their pocket while the press relentlessly pounds the message that it was all the dastardly doings of one woman and her boyfriend.

It works out awful convenient, don't it?
    3/15/2016

I have talked to people who have interacted with Elizabeth Holmes personally. My takeaway is that she is a psychopath, narcissistic and greedy. Bankman-Fried is the same. He is a math whiz. All those people's money and livelihoods are just an insignificant statistical risk to him compared to enhancing is ego.

I hope he gets a long prison sentence and I hope his parents get dragged down with him too. They were involved too.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Does that mean his girlfriend is available?
    Ewww, c’mon man…

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    I have talked to people who have interacted with Elizabeth Holmes personally. My takeaway is that she is a psychopath, narcissistic and greedy. Bankman-Fried is the same. He is a math whiz. All those people's money and livelihoods are just an insignificant statistical risk to him compared to enhancing is ego.

I hope he gets a long prison sentence and I hope his parents get dragged down with him too. They were involved too.
    On another note about Elizabeth Holmes, one of the members on the board of Theranos was former Sec. of state George Schultz. He recruited members members Theranos board — former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, former Defense Secretary William Perry, former Sen. Sam Nunn. Schultz's grandson went to work at the company and recognize something wasn't right and noticed the specifics. He tried to convince his grandfather, but his grandfather repeatedly sided with the damned company against his own grandson and tried to get his grandson to keep quiet. Theranos sued Shultz's grandson, and at one point Schultz actually helped the lawyers against his own grandson. Here is a link that details it: https://www.fraud-magazine.com/cover...?id=4295006794

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    That kind of person can be incredibly useful.

The narrative we have around Holmes centers on her. She got the media coverage and the glossy magazine covers and the press interviews. The members of her board, didn't. It's curious how these huge money scams keep ending up with the lens focused on one person while lots of other powerful and influential people are just outside the lens' focus. When it all crumbles it's the person that got the promotion and publicity that takes all of the blame, with nobody asking any questions about the other people involved and to what level they had an obligation to investigate or act.

But instead they show up and collect a paycheck to lend credibility (attracting more investor money) and buy access, and then when it all falls apart they just walk away with the money in their pocket while the press relentlessly pounds the message that it was all the dastardly doings of one woman and her boyfriend.

It works out awful convenient, don't it?

Ding...ding...ding...

Money moves around in very interesting ways no?

As far as Holmes goes...you meet all kinds of folks over cocktails at hotel bars. Notice I chose my words. The conversation revolved around the technology she claimed to have developed and what she saw as the implications of the technology down the road. Investors were mentioned in passing. It was pretty obvious fairly quick that the money she was bringing in was several tiers above where I sat. (As in lengthy elevator ride...lol). That wasn’t the point of the conversation tho.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul D View Post
    This. The cream of Stanford's law school.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Here’s an interesting little sidebar. Look at the timeframe this occurred (SBF) who was broke, and who needed large sums of available cash. Figure it out. I’m just a dumb retired pilot and it took me about 5 minutes after the story broke for the bulb to get some voltage.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

User Tag List