Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Threats You Should Be Avoiding-Gorillafritz

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Don't talk your warrior/guardian bullshit. Next time you're in church, remind everyone what an idiot the dude nailed to the boards is because he sacrificed himself for assholes he never even met.
    Ell. Oh. Ell.

If you ever see me refer to myself as a "warrior" or "guardian", somebody's hacked my account. And I sure as hell ain't got no messiah complex.

If I'm in aisle twelve at Meijer's and I hear AK fire pop off up by the front doors, I'm headin' out the bitch door in the back. I'm there for diet soda and frozen pizzas, not to save the world with my six-shot snubbie.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I just said in a PM "not that some cops, firemen, and soldiers aren't bitches, too."
    Parkland and Uvalde are proof of that.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    If I'm in aisle twelve at Meijer's and I hear AK fire pop off up by the front doors, I'm headin' out the bitch door in the back. I'm there for diet soda and frozen pizzas, not to save the world with my six-shot snubbie.
    If you grab the deli lady and a stock boy on the way out are you a bitch or a hero?

I've seen people perform badly on one incident and heroically on another. How do you go from bitch to hero, or hero to bitch? People are unpredictable. It wouldn't surprise me if you said you'll always choose escape, then when shit happens you do a snubby El Prez on three BGs, and have no explanation for why you did it.

Life isn't black and white.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I loves me some Ellifritz, but that dumbshit went to Burning Man on a first date to get some poon. God love him. He's right, but he's also a moron.
    He also went to some 3rd world country during the height of COVID. Then somehow maneuvered his way into another country so he could get on a flight back to the US because he didn't trust the medical treatment available where he was.

I enjoy his articles, but that's a kinda shitty thing to do. He knew the risks when he bought his ticket...
    Last edited by DC_P; 11-04-2023 at 07:00 AM.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

I had this conversation on the phone with BBI yesterday evening. (He is a man I am happy to call my friend.)

Time makes a bitch of us all, to greater or lesser extent. I'm 71 now. Pretty fit and capable for a guy my age, no problems with my LEOSA quals and handling my firearms, but my cardio and strength, despite working out in my basement gym, are never going to be what they once were. That's just the way it is. You can cry about it or you can at least try to keep as much as you can.

I only have a couple of rules about intervention for myself...which I've come to over the years.

The first is that I will never pass an LEO on the road in need of assistance without at least offering help to the extent possible. I will not watch a brother or sister go down without trying to do something.

Second is that I will at all costs protect myself and my wife (or loved one) first...but if life and limb are on the line and I am in a position to take a clear shot to save an innocent's life, my intention is to take it. That will be wholly determined by circumstances...and despite thinking up scenarios, we know it's never going to be the way we imagined it. And I hope to God it never happens.

For the most part I simply try to avoid issues because as our friend Darryl Bolke liked to say, any conflict when carrying is an armed conflict.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you grab the deli lady and a stock boy on the way out are you a bitch or a hero?
    Clearly, you’d be a bitchy hero.

Or, a heroic bitch… hard to say without a detailed, armchair AAR.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Just when I was trying to put that (prevailing) side of my personality out to pasture...
    So you guys are telling me that praying for the courage to go in and the skill to prevail is out of vogue now? Back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    So you guys are telling me that praying for the courage to go in and the skill to prevail is out of vogue now? Back to the drawing board.
    I summed up my own POV in my last post in the thread.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    I loves me some Ellifritz, but that dumbshit went to Burning Man on a first date to get some poon. God love him. He's right, but he's also a moron.

I agree with you, vis-a-vis Mr. Ellifritz. His advice on 99.99999% of....everything is spot on. I've been a Patreon for years, but things like his trip to Burning Man are head scratchers. Greg's enthusiasm for international travel can sometimes lead to a "situation." Remember when he barely made it home with Covid?
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I had this conversation on the phone with BBI yesterday evening. (He is a man I am happy to call my friend.)

Time makes a bitch of us all, to greater or lesser extent. I'm 71 now. Pretty fit and capable for a guy my age, no problems with my LEOSA quals and handling my firearms, but my cardio and strength, despite working out in my basement gym, are never going to be what they once were. That's just the way it is. You can cry about it or you can at least try to keep as much as you can.

I only have a couple of rules about intervention for myself...which I've come to over the years.

The first is that I will never pass an LEO on the road in need of assistance without at least offering help to the extent possible. I will not watch a brother or sister go down without trying to do something.

Second is that I will at all costs protect myself and my wife (or loved one) first...but if life and limb are on the line and I am in a position to take a clear shot to save an innocent's life, my intention is to take it. That will be wholly determined by circumstances...and despite thinking up scenarios, we know it's never going to be the way we imagined it. And I hope to God it never happens.

For the most part I simply try to avoid issues because as our friend Darryl Bolke liked to say, any conflict when carrying is an armed conflict.

blues - you've been entertaining us for years here on p-f and are beyond compare, IMHO. As the adage says: "there's no substitute for experience," you have it in abundance. What really sets you apart - again, IMHO, is your gift of transmitting/translating that into language we all understand.

Thanks, blues!
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

User Tag List