Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New guns and camera activating holsters

Site Supporter

New guns and camera activating holsters

https://buffalonews.com/eedition/pag...21414ba8e.html

Gist of the story. Buffalo PD is moving to replace 40 SW with 9mm Glocks for sensible reasons. Easier to shoot, cheaper ammo costs, equal efficacy.

Also, new holsters that will activate body cameras when the gun is drawn. Hadn't heard that one before.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

That's going to capture a lot of poops and bare asses in the locker room.

Happening everywhere

I live in the Memphis, TN area. Memphis PD is also contemplating making this same change, including the camera-activating holsters. The thinking is the same in the LEO community every place, and for the same reasons. It all comes back to money in some way or another.

My old agency was beta testing adding the bodycam activating device to holsters. The actuator reportedly wasn’t sticking well to the rounded surface of some holsters and their solution was reportedly going be mandating a return to the serpa holsters they issued, and deauthorizing weapon lights. I think they found a way around that but that was the thought process for the person in charge, who also mandated that duty ammo would be traded out every five years instead of annually. 😂
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

I believe some new Safariland models are built to accept the stuff for the Axon camera activation.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Local PD here has had the Axon Signal Sidearm sensors for about a year now. Overall favorable review. Simple install but sometimes have to work a few different mounting solutions to get optimal sensor placement to pick up on the firearm leaving the holster. Axon at least sends multiple mounting brackets for that.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

That's Axon Signal. It's actually been around for years.

It integrates with the SafariVault holster.

Oh, that will be another joyous time suck for patrol sergeants - reviewing every single one of the camera activations - who already don't get enough time in the field.

Btw, did you see the state level consent decree Vallejo, CA PD was given by Cal DOJ?

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Oh, that will be another joyous time suck for patrol sergeants - reviewing every single one of the camera activations - who already don't get enough time in the field.
    Every time someone walks into a jail, for one. Like server space for storing video isn't already an issue.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Every time someone walks into a jail, for one. Like server space for storing video isn't already an issue.
    The bigger issue for the city is the COST of that cloud storage space.

User Tag List