Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New guns and camera activating holsters

I do not think anyone is anti camera, however I am anti signal sidearm because it was not good at all. Also depending on which mount is used, dudes are going to have to remove their TQ mount if they are using a negative cant plate with the TQ holder attached to their holster

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    I do not think anyone is anti camera, however I am anti signal sidearm because it was not good at all. Also depending on which mount is used, dudes are going to have to remove their TQ mount if they are using a negative cant plate with the TQ holder attached to their holster
    What about it was "not good at all"?

I don't like the mounting issues that crop up but so far that is really the only negative I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    What about it was "not good at all"?

I don't like the mounting issues that crop up but so far that is really the only negative I can think of.
    We had several that would activate repeatedly without the pistol being unholstered. One officer had 20+ uncategorized videos in one shift just from the signal sidearm. Several also stopped working. So it either worked too well or not at all. We saw no benefit from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Utm View Post
    We had several that would activate repeatedly without the pistol being unholstered. One officer had 20+ uncategorized videos in one shift just from the signal sidearm. Several also stopped working. So it either worked too well or not at all. We saw no benefit from it.
    Interesting.

We don't seem to be having that issue. I wonder if there was a hardware/software change?

Did the officer monkey with the signal device, ie install his own plate/belt hanger?

I've resisted the urge to mess with the signal device on the holster and have figured out how to cant the gun to my desired angle by simply using the holster hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Interesting.

We don't seem to be having that issue. I wonder if there was a hardware/software change?

Did the officer monkey with the signal device, ie install his own plate/belt hanger?

I've resisted the urge to mess with the signal device on the holster and have figured out how to cant the gun to my desired angle by simply using the holster hanger.
    The same person installed all of the devices on factory safariland holsters.

User Tag List