Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you cycle your training/practice?

One other thing to add to this thread:

Are you videoing your training? live and dry? This is so huge when it comes to deciding what is the current lowest-hanging performance fruit to work on.

As far as being faster and more accurate without knowing more I would keep crushing the 12 drills to normalize operating at Steve's limit of human function and then I would do a lot of match mode dry practice. Are you shooting a dot sight? I feel like match mode with a red dot is a good way to develop shot calling.

You may want to invest in something like a practical shooting training group gold or silver membership and get some coaching to narrow down where you can best put your effort.

There are many ways to skin the cat. A few minutes ago, while driving, my wife and I listened to a podcast with Max Leograndis, who won PCC and LO at Nats this year. He said he hardly dry fires.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeNCMX View Post
    One other thing to add to this thread:

Are you videoing your training? live and dry? This is so huge when it comes to deciding what is the current lowest-hanging performance fruit to work on.

As far as being faster and more accurate without knowing more I would keep crushing the 12 drills to normalize operating at Steve's limit of human function and then I would do a lot of match mode dry practice. Are you shooting a dot sight? I feel like match mode with a red dot is a good way to develop shot calling.

You may want to invest in something like a practical shooting training group gold or silver membership and get some coaching to narrow down where you can best put your effort.
    Am I taking video? Just a little of practice and none at matches. You are right that this is something I need to do more of and I appreciate the reminder.

Yes, mostly CO. I shot some BUG matches this year at one club in particular because their stages are a little better suited for it, but I have been carrying a dot gun since 2010 so that is the majority of what I shoot and practice.

I have looked into PSTG but man that cost has kept me away from it. I am willing to spend, but I just don't see the ROI potential there.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    While it is possible that some individual shooter is wired to be equally speed and accuracy oriented, I think most shooters tend to be one or the other. If you are accuracy oriented, working on speed can help a lot, and vice versa if you are wired for speed.
    Yes, recently speed has been my focus, especially in dry work.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    There are many ways to skin the cat. A few minutes ago, while driving, my wife and I listened to a podcast with Max Leograndis, who won PCC and LO at Nats this year. He said he hardly dry fires.
    Same with Grauffel, but he shoots a metric butt ton of live fire.

User Tag List