Thread: AAR: Force-on-Force Adaptive Scenario Training (FFAST)

Site Supporter

AAR: Force-on-Force Adaptive Scenario Training (FFAST)

Taught by Citizen's Defense Research recently in Ohio. Scenarios are drawn from documented real-world examples, and from an outsider looking in, this might be a good orientation for someone before jumping directly into ECQC.

https://www.shootingfordollars.org/p...training-ffast

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Taught by Citizen's Defense Research recently in Ohio. Scenarios are drawn from documented real-world examples, and from an outsider looking in, this might be a good orientation for someone before jumping directly into ECQC.

https://www.shootingfordollars.org/p...training-ffast
    Now I know why I get so much praise for my AARs.

Anyway, curious: what about this course has caused you (I assume you're the author) to want to put an increased focus on personal health?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 43Under View Post
    Now I know why I get so much praise for my AARs.

Anyway, curious: what about this course has caused you (I assume you're the author) to want to put an increased focus on personal health?
    The realization that while I’m not out of shape per se, I’m no spring chicken (more like a summer chicken). Watching folks be able to focus on what’s happening when they’re in shape versus out of shape made me realize that those who were in shape picked up on cues faster (or more of them) to make a more informed decision.

Makes sense - same reason I did a lot of cardio and calisthenics before basic training, so I wouldn’t have to waste as much mental energy on that versus the big picture stuff that I was being taught there and in tech school.

I’d kicked around taking that class. I’ve been there several times, they are good hosts. Maybe next year

User Tag List