Thread: Heads up: HBINDUSTRIES Bren 2 Optimized Gas system fixed my Bren 2

Heads up: HBINDUSTRIES Bren 2 Optimized Gas system fixed my Bren 2

Hey guys, I just wanted to let you know that if you’re familiar with the CZ Bren 2 then you know some of these guns can be pretty finicky, and not just the 7.62 x 39. I’ve been trying to get my 14 inch model to work with anything suppressed reliably, and it has not been great. Furthermore back when I had a lot of steel stuff it couldn’t feed that worth a crap either.

Well I got the HBI industries optimized gas system which cost about 115 bucks and it fixed everything. I took it out and I shot 60 rounds of steel cased unsuppressed on the steel case setting and it ran perfect. I ran 40 rounds of brass unsuppressed. It ran perfect and then I ran 50 rounds of 55 grain PMC suppressed with a surefire on the suppressor setting and it ran perfect . This may not sound impressive to you, but I can promise you this gun and has been a mess for the few years I owned it.

If you search the CZ forms you will see that this is not a rare issue and there’s a reason why this gas piston is available. It’s ridiculous that cz is forcing customers who have already paid $1400+ for a rifle to spend another hundred bucks to fix it. Rant over, but if you were having the issue, definitely look at this part. It’s really nothing amazing, it just appears HBI did the math on the port sizes—something CZ seemed unable or unwilling to do.

Interesting. I heard that the 7.62 Bren 2 was suspect but thought the 5.56 was among the most reliable of the AR alternatives out there.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I’ve never had the 7.62x39 but I gather it is a mess. I think the 5.56 has benefited from being a YouTuber (!scar killer!)favorite and paradoxically I think it benefits from being overshadowed by the awfulness of the 7.62.

I think basically when they changed the Bren 2s to the us version they opened up a can of worms with their half-assed rail mounting solution which means if you get the torque wrong or dare to change it to something else you get receiver pinch, etc. if you can get one of the few that came in in the military configuration they are gtg.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I’ve never had the 7.62x39 but I gather it is a mess. I think the 5.56 has benefited from being a YouTuber (!scar killer!)favorite and paradoxically I think it benefits from being overshadowed by the awfulness of the 7.62.

I think basically when they changed the Bren 2s to the us version they opened up a can of worms with their half-assed rail mounting solution which means if you get the torque wrong or dare to change it to something else you get receiver pinch, etc. if you can get one of the few that came in in the military configuration they are gtg.
    Thanks. The only 5.56 versions that I’ve seen are pistols (tons on GB) and the relatively rare 16” carbine that sports a full MLOK rail. I no longer have a use for rifle caliber pistols now that we can’t put a brace on them, but I had a bit of an itch for the 16” carbine. You just smeared some hydrocortisone cream on that itch.

I’m a bit of a SCAR whore. I was initially attracted to this supposed SCAR killer because it seemed to offer similar performance while being truly ambi, suppressor friendly, and sans the reciprocating thumb killer. It fucking kills me to say this, but it looks like the Sig Spear LT is probably the most complete SCAR alternative out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    . It fucking kills me to say this, but it looks like the Sig Spear LT is probably the most complete SCAR alternative out there.
    Agreed, but I’d go with the KAC rifle before that QC issue ridden Sig.
    #RESIST

Does anyone know if the Knight's KS-1 is going to be available to the public? I really want one of those.

Does anyone know if the Knight's KS-1 is going to be available to the public? I really want one of those.
    I know a guy. Might have to text him more dick pics to get him to respond, but I can do that.

@Failure2Stop
    #RESIST

Yeah, but you have to send Lebowski at least 100 assorted d**k pics before I can tell you.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Agreed, but I’d go with the KAC rifle before that QC issue ridden Sig.
    I hear you. I still remember the PM you sent me 5 years ago when you got an SR30 SBR. Hopefully it is still in your stable. I will admit feeling a little guilty if I contributed to an addiction and the typical spousal inquisition, “Why do you need 6 guns that cost $2.5K and look the same except for their length?”

In our never ending search for the Holy Grail AR alternative, we often forget of the significant innovations in that platform over the past decade. Without a doubt, the KAC SR15 and LMT MARS rifles rule my safes with an iron fist of best in class accuracy, reliability, and functionality. While they may not fold down like a SCAR or MCX, they are dominant in every other capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I hear you. I still remember the PM you sent me 5 years ago when you got an SR30 SBR. Hopefully it is still in your stable. I will admit feeling a little guilty if I contributed to an addiction and the typical spousal inquisition, “Why do you need 6 guns that cost $2.5K and look the same except for their length?”

In our never ending search for the Holy Grail AR alternative, we often forget of the significant innovations in that platform over the past decade. Without a doubt, the KAC SR15 and LMT MARS rifles rule my safes with an iron fist of best in class accuracy, reliability, and functionality. While they may not fold down like a SCAR or MCX, they are dominant in every other capacity.
    It’s still here and KAC is indeed releasing the KS-1 to civvies.
    #RESIST

User Tag List