Thread: YHM sRx QD system?

YHM sRx QD system?

I’m considering a YHM Turbo R3 as a dedicated 5.56 suppressor, it would be used mostly on 10.5”, 11.5”, 12”, 12.5” and 14.5” AR uppers - the amnesty was very good to me.

I’ve been reading a little about YHM’s new sRx mount ecosystem. There isn’t a whole lot available yet for muzzle devices, but enough to cover my needs.

I know a few members have been using sRx, how is it working out?

@TGS, @WobblyPossum?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I like it so far. It’s basically the YHM version of the Q Plan B/Griffin Plan A. It’s quite simple to use. You just thread the can on hand tight and the tapers take care of proper alignment. I haven’t had an issue with it being difficult to remove the can after shooting but I never shoot more than a couple of mags worth before I take the can off. I also don’t let it cool completely before I take the can off so o haven’t seen carbon locking. I don’t know if such has been reported as an issue or not. I need to do more testing regarding how consistently the whole setup returns to zero when you take the can off and put it back on but haven’t noticed any glaring irregularities yet.

As I posted in another thread, the only thing I don’t really like is that the flash hider has ports around its entire circumference so it will kick up dust if firing from the prone. I get why they designed it that way. The whole system was supposed to be so easy a caveman could do it and this way the muzzle devices don’t need to be timed with shims. The muzzle devices and the suppressor mount are also lightweight and very compact. There’s a noticeable difference in weight and length for my Turbo K when I switched from the Phantom QD that originally came with it. I wish YHM would either make the sRx the default system that comes with the Turbo series of suppressors or add a separate SKU that comes with the sRx instead of the Phantom so you have a choice between the two mounts. As far as I know, the only suppressor they make that comes with an sRx mount and muzzle device is the Fat Cat.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I ended up buying a sRx adapter and muzzle devices, but my Turbo T3 is still in jail.

However, in the meantime my YHM R9 can cleared. I had picked up three lug accessories for it and the four SBRs it will be used on, but I’m not happy with the inherent wobble you seem to get with three lug. I put the sRx adapter on the R9 and the one sRx mini brake I have on my AR9, I’m very happy with the concentricity, size, weight and lockup. I think I’ll go sRx for the 9mm gear, too.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Update: all four of my 9mm SBRs now have sRx muzzle devices, and I’ve tested three of them. It works quite well, now I understand how taper mounts became popular. If I could only get my Turbo T3 out of jail…
    Ken

User Tag List