Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Weapon reliability; How do you guys deal with this GODDAMNED FRUSTRATION! 🤬

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    So the FM9 lower is going back to FM Products for warranty,.. and since the weapon is going to be out of commission for a while anyways. I figured I’d send the 16 inch upper to Macon Armory to get the feed cone retooled. According to the information on blowback9.com his “guaranteed to feed“ feed cone should fix those annoying jams & misfeeds with HST ammo.

As of last Saturday the 10.5” was still running right. So maybe it will stay fixed. 🤷 Dunno!

BTW,.. I have a Timney 3 1/2–5.5 LB drop in trigger coming for the CZ scorpion tomorrow,…

All the Trigger install videos I am seeing on the YouTube‘s are all 3-4-6-8 years old,… Are they relevant to the scorpion 3+ Evo?

I saw there was a dedicated Scorpion/Evo post on PFC,… Should I maybe go there and ask if there’s anything I need to know before I try to install this trigger? (… no way I can live with that crappy 10 pound trigger that’s in it now.) 😳

-edit-
    I’m working my way through that CZ thread,… But it’s been running 6+ years and it’s something like 27 pages long. So gonna take me a bit to find anything relevant to my situation. LOL
    You may be one of the first here with the new generation gun.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by JRB View Post
    It isn't the 'cheap' button by far, but for 9mm it really doesn't get much more bombproof reliable out of the box than this.
    HK's always run. No experience with SP5 but I've had a few HK's. My choice for any 9mm or 45 acp pistol that needs to run.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

The JP5s have been super reliable and don't need cleaning very much at all.

OFFS!!!! You gotta be kidding me.

Now the 10.5” Is fucking up.

It seems the bolt is making contact with the bolt catch as it’s cycling? The Bottom of the BCG that contacts & catches the bolt catch to lock it back, has developed a burr thanks to this. And now it hangs up the bolt and I can’t drop it manually without hammering on the bolt release.

Ive already sent this entire weapon back to Foxtrot Mike once,.. (And the lower for my 16” is boxed & ready to ship back for a similar issue!) They sent it back with new parts and the same issue. I thought I had fixed the issue using the suggested remedies from blowback9.com. It ran perfectly for a while. But now it’s back to being a shitshow.

I’ll check in with “ask the armorer” to see if my idea of doing a little surgery on the bolt carrier group is a good idea. I’m only talking about using a file to get rid of the burr to see If that works to restore function. If it does, I’ll consider the possibility that I need either a BCG from a different manufacturer. Or probably just a different lower period. NO idea where I should turn to for that.

The uppers (…minus the bolt issue) seem to be fine. The barrels are pretty damned accurate,… At 10-15 yds, seated, no rest, I can put a 5 to 10 round group on the target, all touching. That’s with offset irons and my shitty eyes. So the barrels are good. But sumpthin’ ain’t right with the lowers.

I don’t honestly know what I would have to be out of spec to cause the bolt to be dragging on the boat catch,… But this is occurring with both FM lowers that I own and all three of the separate FM BCG’s I have. Im at a loss! 🤬🤬🤬

I’m really beginning to wonder if I should just cut & run on this one.

Bad guns are like boats or old sports cars "that just need a little bit of work"- a big money hole that gives you the most joy when you finally get rid of the thing.

Find some sucker to dump it on, then move on with your life.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Regarding the use of 9mm PCC as a home defense weapon, I am not fundamentally opposed to it (because I've done it). I actually buck the trend of selecting a 'quality' JHP for the AR9, because out of a 9"+ barrel you're getting all the velocity. Remember the formula: Light + Fast + Middling Construction = Blows Apart when it hits something hard

Federal 9BPLE is an example of this, where fired from a PCC it hits gel, blows the jacket off and starts to break apart after about 12-14" of penetration. This is not something I'd want to humanely hunt an animal, but inside my house at 2am dropping a handful of them into someone breaking in? Humane euthanasia isn't top of my list of priorities. Plus, if it hits a wall, it's more likely to blow apart after hitting a couple of studs, than stay together like a nice bonded or monolithic HP.
    Sorry for the thread drift, but I'd like to explore the above more. Everything I've read thus far points towards a bonded heavy bullet out of a PCC is better because it won't come apart and it will penetrate the recommended 12" to 18".
    However, the lighter and faster bullet is "more likely to blow apart after hitting a couple of studs" is certainly appealing in an urban environment. Any videos or articles to show that?

User Tag List