Thread: Stacatto P CS Frame

Stacatto P CS Frame

I've got an irrational desire for one of these. Anyone handled/shot one? How much "smaller" is the grip compared to a standard P frame? What's the skinny on the new magazine reliability? Thanks!

Is this a thing (yet)? It's long been rumored that Staccato would incorporate the CS sized magazines across the lineup, but I haven't yet seen a P sized to those dimensions. I think a lot of people expected last week's Staccato announcement to be the further evolution of the CS, but instead they (rereleased) the 4.15" P as a 'Heritage' model.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Yeah I think we want the same thing. The thing just isn't a thing yet.

Most reviews have focused on the CS slim frame and redesigned magazines, but I'm also curious about the external extractor.

The CS seems to have much in common with the Wilson Combat EDC X9 series. I'm a bit surprised that Staccato did not take this opportunity to eliminate the grip safety as well, considering both Wilson and Atlas have.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I'm a bit surprised that Staccato did not take this opportunity to eliminate the grip safety as well, considering both Wilson and Atlas have.
    The lack of a grip safety is what turned me off of the Wilson.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    The lack of a grip safety is what turned me off of the Wilson.
    I'm not disagreeing with you - for AIWB I like the added safety. And I've encountered no problems with defeating the grip safety on my Staccato P, but there seems to be no shortage of people posting pictures of rubber bands around their Staccatos (not looking to derail the thread on the attributes of grip safeties, which have been discussed elsewhere on the forum). I'm more commenting from an industry trend perspective. I can see the manufacturing benefits of eliminating the feature (fewer parts, less fitting, potential grip modularity features), and it seems like Staccato's competitors have done so.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Most reviews have focused on the CS slim frame and redesigned magazines, but I'm also curious about the external extractor.

The CS seems to have much in common with the Wilson Combat EDC X9 series. I'm a bit surprised that Staccato did not take this opportunity to eliminate the grip safety as well, considering both Wilson and Atlas have.
    You can add Dan Wesson to the list with their DWX.

User Tag List