Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP Chanandler Bong.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Compared to most alternatives, this is a fine way to go. More of us should be so lucky.
    You've never had to fish a body out of a hot bath or jacuzzi before, I'm guessing?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by paherne View Post
    You've never had to fish a body out of a hot bath or jacuzzi before, I'm guessing?
    He didn't say it was good for the survivors or responders, just that it's not a bad way for the person doing the dying.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    The wife and I read that as still basically an accident.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The wife and I read that as still basically an accident.
    Agreed... I said to my wife that it sounded like a Karen Carpenter type of death where his body was just too broken down from years of abuse. Makes you wonder how the Keith Richard's of the world manage it... I guess genetics is the biggest factor.

Site Supporter
    I was given his history of substance abuse issues.

I do agree that it was probably accidental or unintentional.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    I was given his history of substance abuse issues.

I do agree that it was probably accidental or unintentional.

I'm not surprised by it being drug related. Just a bit surprised that ketamine of all things was the substance.

Didn't realize it was that prominent in the substance abuse world. Then again, I'm not exactly an expert in substance abuse, recreational drug use world.
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 12-16-2023 at 02:33 PM.

Site Supporter
    I'm not surprised by it being drug related. Just a bit surprised that ketamine of all things was the substance.

Didn't realize it was that prominent in the substance abuse world. Then again, I'm not exactly an expert in substance abuse, recreational drug use world.
    Yes, since the 90s. Aka “Special K”

I knew it as horse tranquilizer turned, recreational drug, and was surprised when I first found out the military was using it in lieu of morphine for trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Yes, since the 90s. Aka “Special K”

I knew it as horse tranquilizer turned, recreational drug, and was surprised when I first found out the military was using it in lieu of morphine for trauma.
    Vitamin K. Good anesthesia drug. Helps with pain, and is being used in low dose infusions for depression. Versatile, possible one of the most versatile anesthetic drugs, but does have side effects.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric_L View Post
    Vitamin K. Good anesthesia drug. Helps with pain, and is being used in low dose infusions for depression. Versatile, possible one of the most versatile anesthetic drugs, but does have side effects.
    the medical examiner said the levels of ketamine in [Matthew] Perry’s body were in the range used for general anesthesia during surgery...The amount of ketamine detected 'would be enough to make him lose consciousness and lose his posture and his ability to keep himself above the water,' said Dr. Andrew Stolbach, a medical toxicologist"
    https://apnews.com/article/matthew-p...source=Twitter

User Tag List