Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2023 ... How much Defensive Ammo to keep on hand.?

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    12 ga is the same story. There’s enough Flite Control to manage the needs of the moment. I will grab a case of the Fiocchi OO when I get an extra couple dollars, it patterns next best to FC and the price is right in comparison.
    Good points in the entire post Spence.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Fiocchi. I'll add some to my Black Friday wish list to try out/ pattern in my Mossberg's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Good points in the entire post Spence.

Thanks for the suggestion on the Fiocchi. I'll add some to my Black Friday wish list to try out/ pattern in my Mossberg's.
    I patterned it in my 870, and an 1100 and A5 of my dad’s. All would keep all 9 pellets on a B8 at 15 yards. I almost think it might have been able to keep them in the 8 ring with the right hold, but that was a couple years ago.

In my 1301, it’ll do that at 20 yards. Patterns are better than Critical Defense 8 pellet, and for $.60/round versus $1.65.

I still want to grab another 100 rounds of LE132, as well. It’s about $1.35/round. It’s not as tight as LE133, but the 8 pellet I got has shown some of the inconsistencies in patterns talked about on the inter webs, so I’ll just hoard it for now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Velocity has cases of 124 Federal HST on sale now. ($599, free shipping) Not the lowest Ive seen, but a decent price for factory boxed. 😉😎

I myself have roughly 3400 rounds of Federal HST divided between 124 & 147gr.
    Appx another 5-6k of FMJ. So I feel Im Zombie proof atm! 🤣😎😉. (Got screwed out of a 1K of Norma 124 by C-A-L Ranch just today) 🤬🤬🤷*♂️
    All of my ammo may or may not all be in the same location, and how much is nonya. I can say we’ve got enough pistol ammo at the house to go a couple years if we had to strip down to limited shooting.

I think that there are probably 5-6 different lot numbers mixed into the stack. Bone Frog had HST at $560, if I’m remembering right. I couldn’t float a case, but for $27.50/box, I sure could. They’re all out of stock now, but they still had 115 gr Gold Dot for $32.50 last time I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    I patterned it in my 870, and an 1100 and A5 of my dad’s. All would keep all 9 pellets on a B8 at 15 yards. I almost think it might have been able to keep them in the 8 ring with the right hold, but that was a couple years ago.

In my 1301, it’ll do that at 20 yards. Patterns are better than Critical Defense 8 pellet, and for $.60/round versus $1.65.

I still want to grab another 100 rounds of LE132, as well. It’s about $1.35/round. It’s not as tight as LE133, but the 8 pellet I got has shown some of the inconsistencies in patterns talked about on the inter webs, so I’ll just hoard it for now.
    My old 590 (1995) is Vang Comped. I am very low on Flight Control but have a good stock of H-132.
    I had never even considered the Fiocchi before and look forward to picking some up and patterning it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    My old 590 (1995) is Vang Comped. I am very low on Flight Control but have a good stock of H-132.
    I had never even considered the Fiocchi before and look forward to picking some up and patterning it.
    It should do well being a Vang barrel. How’s the H132 pattern from that gun? I bought some for fun, and the 1301 didn’t like it at all.

User Tag List