Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: AR for use with suppressor

Quote Originally Posted by Odin Bravo One View Post
    Sorry, I meant something with actual proven field use like a 416……..
    That video I posted shows 16" HK416s exhibiting a pretty substantial amount of backpressure/gas out the ejection port...so much so that I didn't even think it was possible for a piston gun to do that.

Was your experience entirely with the 10" models, or did you see a big difference in suppression performance between the 10" and 16" models? Also, which suppressor did you guys run, the M42000, Surefire, NT4? Something else entirely?

As another point, PFPA is attempting to get HUXWRX Flow 556Ks for their 10" LWRC M6 piston guns, specifically because of the blowback with their current Surefires. I don't have any of the experience on piston guns you do, and whether the LWRC option counts as a "proven" host on the same level as the 416...but, just figured I'd mention it.

Thanks for any insight on the above questions.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    That video I posted shows 16" HK416s exhibiting a pretty substantial amount of backpressure/gas out the ejection port...so much so that I didn't even think it was possible for a piston gun to do that.

Was your experience entirely with the 10" models, or did you see a big difference in suppression performance between the 10" and 16" models? Also, which suppressor did you guys run, the M42000, Surefire, NT4? Something else entirely?

As another point, PFPA is attempting to get HUXWRX Flow 556Ks for their 10" LWRC M6 piston guns, specifically because of the blowback with their current Surefires. I don't have any of the experience on piston guns you do, and whether the LWRC option counts as a "proven" host on the same level as the 416...but, just figured I'd mention it.

Thanks for any insight on the above questions.
    That was painful to watch. So much gas.

My experience was limited to the 10.5”, 14.5”, 20” 416 variants, 8” & 14.5” LWRC variants w/M4-2K 51T ratchet attach, Sure-Fire QD Variants, KAC, and the SCAR variants and prescribed Sure-Fire supppressors.

I am not sure what the question is beyond that…….. is blowback a thing? Sure. I suppose. I don’t recall ever being concerned about it. I just don’t think I grasp the question……
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Sorry, I meant something with actual proven field use like a 416……..
    You mean...like the SCAR?

And the AUG, which has been in continuous military service since 1977?

But, sure...keep on keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If you have a 10" barrel with a Crane spec .070" gas port (i.e. "mil-spec" Mk18), it'll suppress well and still shoot reliably with quality 223 and 5.56 ammo when unsuppressed. The PSA has a blow-hole sized gas port to cater to the typical Poverty State Armory customer (I have one as well) and you should definitely go for a BRT gas tube if suppressing.
    Speaking of poverty builds! Figured I'd mention Expo Arms' 10.3 and 11.5 inch barrels (Rosco made). They're heavy profile like the Colt "HRT" barrels. I now have 3 (2x 10.3 and 1 11.5), and each gaged at precisely .070" ports. At ~$130, they're a bargain. With Black Friday almost here, they usually drop another $20-30. I haven't run cans on them yet but, the port size has been as advertised with my sample of 3, so they should be good.
    Administrator for PatRogers.org

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    You mean...like the SCAR?

And the AUG, which has been in continuous military service since 1977?

But, sure...keep on keeping on
    You betcha….

But maybe we stick to the ones no re-jetted by the end user, and nonfunctional now.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

When did this place open up to the douche patrol?

When anyone on this board gets anywhere near a fraction of the the round count of experience with these systems as I managed to rack up in my 30 years of LE and SOF experience, to include the entire testing protocols for 2 of the 3 systems mentioned, wants to add value to the discussion I’m game.

Until then; I’ll leave the speculative thinking and downright dumb assery to ya’all.

It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully TLG isn’t rolling his eyes too much for how this place has turned out.

When anyone on this board gets anywhere near a fraction of the the round count of experience with these systems as I managed to rack up in my 30 years of LE and SOF experience, to include the entire testing protocols for 2 of the 3 systems mentioned, wants to add value to the discussion I’m game.

Until then; I’ll leave the speculative thinking and downright dumb assery to ya’all.

It was fun while it lasted. Hopefully TLG isn’t rolling his eyes too much for how this place has turned out.
    Dude, I dunno what your problem is, honestly. I don't know if we're just talking past each other, or if one of us simply isn't reading the posts. Maybe it's me.

My point was - piston guns are nice but they do not solve the issue of overgassing when a can is put on the gun, not %100. Not a conventional can, anyway. The problems with it moved from one set of components to another set, but just because it's now piston driven vs what everyone likes to call DI (even if it technically isn't), doesn't mean the problems of overgassing, bolt thrust, and dirt/crud is now ameliorated.

Honestly, I don't understand what your issue is? Seriously, what's the beef?

You never know when someone will have the urgent need for a douche. We like to be prepared, so that's the mission of the douche patrol.

But seriously, we're glad you're here. We all appreciate your experience, and I hope you'll keep adding value.

Yeah, it's not the same Pistol-Forum, but it's the Pistol-Forum we have. Personally, I like it being a little more open. But that does mean SMEs are going to have to repeat themselves a bit, and put up with regular folks having their say as well.

Forums are a dying breed. I'm glad PF's still alive.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    You never know when someone will have the urgent need for a douche. We like to be prepared, so that's the mission of the douche patrol.

But seriously, we're glad you're here. We all appreciate your experience, and I hope you'll keep adding value.

Yeah, it's not the same Pistol-Forum, but it's the Pistol-Forum we have. Personally, I like it being a little more open. But that does mean SMEs are going to have to repeat themselves a bit, and put up with regular folks having their say as well.

Forums are a dying breed. I'm glad PF's still alive.
    Hell yeah; still more helpful than anywhere else on the internet. Aside from gun stuff, I get informative discussion on everything from truck tires to fixing refrigerators to humor here. It’s my one stop shop. I absolutely appreciate the cadre here.

User Tag List