Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock and the breechface cut

Glock and the breechface cut

Does Glock have the breechface cut on all calibers now? Just curious.

I just bought a new G42 and it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    I just bought a new G42 and it's not there.
    Out of curiosity, does your 42 have forward serrations? Anecdotally, it seems like the breech face cut, appeared at the same time as the forward serrations.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Out of curiosity, does your 42 have forward serrations? Anecdotally, it seems like the breech face cut, appeared at the same time as the forward serrations.
    Sadly, those are absent as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JAH 3rd View Post
    Does Glock have the breechface cut on all calibers now? Just curious.
    Gen 3 and Gen 4 do not. For current production Gen5 marked pistols, yes. @GJM is correct that the BFC correlates with forward serrations. The only exception I am aware of is current production 43s which have the cut (and crown as well).

I really wish that the BFC was magic and allowed proper ejection when there is no magazine present - some pistols do and some don't.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Why is it important that the gun properly eject empty casings without a magazine in place? That’s not how the gun is meant to function. Also, is how a Glock ejects without a magazine in place at all related to how it would eject with a magazine in place? What’s the scenario in which that’s something you’d encounter? Having to fire the chambered round in the middle of a tac reload where both mags are in your hand and neither is in the gun? I know a lot of people like the 10-8 extractor test for 1911s but a Glock isn’t a 1911. I’ve never seen any actual information showing that a Glock which can reliably eject empties without a magazine in place is more or less reliable when actually used as intended than one which doesn’t reliably eject empties without a magazine in place.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Why is it important that the gun properly eject empty casings without a magazine in place? That’s not how the gun is meant to function. Also, is how a Glock ejects without a magazine in place at all related to how it would eject with a magazine in place? What’s the scenario in which that’s something you’d encounter? Having to fire the chambered round in the middle of a tac reload where both mags are in your hand and neither is in the gun? I know a lot of people like the 10-8 extractor test for 1911s but a Glock isn’t a 1911. I’ve never seen any actual information showing that a Glock which can reliably eject empties without a magazine in place is more or less reliable when actually used as intended than one which doesn’t reliably eject empties without a magazine in place.

Well, now you've gone and done it...

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Well, now you've gone and done it...

He's right though. I've quit arguing about this. People can do whatever they want to. I've got multiple Glocks with multiple thousands of rounds through them and no ejection problem, yet something is wrong with some of them because they won't pass this "test." I'm over it.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    current production 43s which have the cut (and crown as well).
    What’s the crown?

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

User Tag List