Thread: RFI: Dallas/Love Field

Site Supporter

RFI: Dallas/Love Field

It looks like I'm going to have an appointment with a sports cardiologist at UT Southwestern Medical Center. That's going to involve one or two nights in a motel. On the map, it looks like a fairly decent area. I'm looking for recommendations for a motel and places to eat. Price is important, but I don't want to stay somewhere that'll require my 870 in addition to the pistol. For food, I'm happy with traditional American and/or Mexican fare. A decent German restaurant would be nice but unexpected.

TIA!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

No idea, but good luck with the cardiologist

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The area around DAL is OK. I have spent many a night at the Doubletree and it is fine and the hotel restaurant is actually pretty good. There is a Chick Filet and a BBQ joint ne’er by. Any of the better brand hotels will be fine.

Site Supporter
    My recollection of the area around Love Field felt pretty safe and didn’t seem too sketchy, but that was after flying in from Portland, so my perspective might be a bit skewed.

Not that it will help the cholesterol numbers, but if you are there on a Thursday or Friday hit up Cattleack BBQ. They are really good and run some great specials. Pecan Lodge isn’t bad either.

I too wish you luck with the appointment.

WhatABurger is not all they hype it up to be……
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    The area around DAL is OK. I have spent many a night at the Doubletree and it is fine and the hotel restaurant is actually pretty good. There is a Chick Filet and a BBQ joint ne’er by. Any of the better brand hotels will be fine.
    Housing values would seem to support this.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Housing values would seem to support this.
    There are a couple neighborhoods in the area that are absolutely inanely nice. Right by the airport, not as much.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Maple and Motor

4810 Maple Ave. Dallas, TX 75220
    214-522-4400

You’ll tank me later. Again, this place and anything cardiology prolly aren’t the best mix, but neither is Mexican or schnitzel.

Hope all goes well.
    Working diligently to enlarge my group size.

Quote Originally Posted by entropy View Post
    Maple and Motor

4810 Maple Ave. Dallas, TX 75220
    214-522-4400

You’ll tank me later. Again, this place and anything cardiology prolly aren’t the best mix, but neither is Mexican or schnitzel.

Hope all goes well.
    Ooooh. I’m meeting my sister for lunch in DFW in a few weeks, this just made it to the short list.

https://www.mapleandmotor.com/
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List