Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Tenicor heavy Zero belt

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I have a 36 on the way and they still have 2 left in stock.

I can't wait to give this a try.

Site Supporter
    Random Ramblings:

So I bought on a two weeks ago and have been running it ever since.

It is certainly much stiffer than the original and comes in at about 6.2-6.4 mm thick. It does not seem to be as stiff as the Wilderness Polymer Lined models. Frankly, The stiffness may not be needed for me when I carry an RDS Glock 17/22. If I was carrying a heavier pistol, I would default to the heavy as I would rather error on the stiff side.

The simplicity and quietness of the buckle are for me, are worth the price of admission. My wife is a teache and goes to bed earlier than me. I have awoken her on more than one occasion with the “Velcro Rip” of other belts.

My previous belts were 36s (Black and Coyote)

I ordered a 34 because that is what they had in stock and I got a bit anxious. 34 will work for me as long a I stay sub 209 lean. I am on the cusp between 34-36 depending on the pants.) Indeed, with spring coming, I need to start rucking again and settle in at 205 or less as my two best suits were made when I was 204.3. 199 would be idea but I digress

Having said that, AS I WAS TYPING THIS, I JUST ORDERED THE 36 BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO SHORT to just make do.

The 34 is going on the market soon.

Bottom Line- A great belt with elegance in its simple excellence.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    UPDATE:

Loving the Blk Heavy in 36.

Sold the 34.

When in doubt, I would order big v small so as to maximize the amount of "heavy" belt relative to AIWB and forward of hip carry of all other items.

Hoping for additional colorways.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    When in doubt, I would order big v small so as to maximize the amount of "heavy" belt relative to AIWB and forward of hip carry of all other items.
    Good info. I couldn't tell how much 'free' length there is, to determine the best size. It would be really helpful to know that.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I wear 34-36 Pants/Jeans. Depends on fabric/cut.

I have historically went 36 with Wilderness, the regular Zero and Graith/Mastermind Tactics.

Here is a chart with overall length etc.

https://tenicor.com/cdn/shop/files/b...g?v=1706119708

DB

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    I wear 34-36 Pants/Jeans. Depends on fabric/cut.

I have historically went 36 with Wilderness, the regular Zero and Graith/Mastermind Tactics.

Here is a chart with overall length etc.

https://tenicor.com/cdn/shop/files/b...g?v=1706119708

DB
    Thanks. I wear 31-32" pants, and my actual dimension through belt loops is: 33” (tight) -35” (with holster). From the pictures, it looks like there's ~10-12" of non-reinforced strap. The 32" shows a total length of 43", so that looks like the right size to leave ~31" of "heavy" strap. I just ordered one. I'll plan on cutting some extra material and re-sealing it with epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Thanks. I wear 31-32" pants, and my actual dimension through belt loops is: 33” (tight) -35” (with holster). From the pictures, it looks like there's ~10-12" of non-reinforced strap. The 32" shows a total length of 43", so that looks like the right size to leave ~31" of "heavy" strap. I just ordered one. I'll plan on cutting some extra material and re-sealing it with epoxy.
    I'm also a size 31/32 for pants usually. I have a 34 Zero Heavy(actually purchased from vcdgrips). The 32 would be the right call. Without a gun I'm cinching it down all the way and it's OK... Depending on which pants I wear. With a gun I'm letting it out maybe 0.5-1 inch.

I probably should get a 32

My Zero Heavy belt arrived today.

The good:
    Very quick shipping.
    The buckle system is excellent, and by far the best I've found for AIWB with a Clinch Pick.

The bad:
    It's thick and not very stiff.

The belt is twice as thick and much less stiff compared to the Wilderness Swift CSM belt. It's 'heavy' but not at all stiff. The Zero Heavy uses two layers of soft nylon webbing, with a Cordura layer on top. This results in a very soft and bendable belt with poor vertical rigidity. At least so far, I have to wear it uncomfortably tight to hold my P-07. It might work better with a subcompact.

The belt is not a total zero for CCW (like the Zero belt was), but I'm not sure I'll be wearing it much. [SIGH]

I really wish someone could combine the belt from the Swift CSM and the buckle from the Zero.

I really wish someone could combine the belt from the Swift CSM and the buckle from the Zero.
    This is the way.

My Zero Heavy belt arrived today.

The good:
    Very quick shipping.
    The buckle system is excellent, and by far the best I've found for AIWB with a Clinch Pick.

The bad:
    It's thick and not very stiff.

The belt is twice as thick and much less stiff compared to the Wilderness Swift CSM belt. It's 'heavy' but not at all stiff. The Zero Heavy uses two layers of soft nylon webbing, with a Cordura layer on top. This results in a very soft and bendable belt with poor vertical rigidity. At least so far, I have to wear it uncomfortably tight to hold my P-07. It might work better with a subcompact.

The belt is not a total zero for CCW (like the Zero belt was), but I'm not sure I'll be wearing it much. [SIGH]

This is my exact takeaway after using it for a few months nearly daily. Usually with a P356X or G19 in a JMCK George or teniecor Certum 3.

It's thicker but still allows the gun to roll forward (even with a wedge etc) unless I tighten it down to the point it hurts to wear.

The belt is a step up from the original in terms of stability but much thicker than my blue alpha minimalist and nowhere near as stiff. I assume the stiffness of the tail is an issue as well? That's where the leverage for the entire belt is and it's still as flimsy as the original. Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like this might be a design barrier, any stiffer and the tail won't work through the buckle but keeping it less rigid leads to the load transferring it's weight directly onto that point.

I've returned to my blue alpha for now. Really love the zero buckle design though.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

User Tag List