Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor heavy Zero belt

Site Supporter
    Slight Ramble follows:

I was a cautious adopter of the original Zero. I now have both black and coyote.

I like them enough to sell duplicative color ways of my MM stuff i.e. black, wolf gray and coyote.

However, I did not sell my CSM lined Wilderness FFs in black/coyote or the old school 1.75 inch CSM lined black Instuctor Belt given their innate ability to carry heavier loads.

If the Velcro rip sound is not an issue, I am not sure that the Zero can be justified on the cost/performance scale relative to MM or Wilderness. The folks at MM are simply great and to quote others, Wilderness has forgotten more about about cutting/sewing nylon that some folks know.

If the sound is an issue or you like to easily and quietly micro adjust or if you are intrigued by the elegant simplicity of superlative design, the Zero, and I suspect by extension, the Zero Heavy, are for you.

I would note that many of us wear watches, shoes, jackets, boots etc of things that are 2x-3x more costly than something that will do the job just fine…because we can and work hard for the money.

I suspect, in the end, I could probably justify buying one in black to replace the CSM FF and in coyote should it come to pass.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I received my Heavy Zero belt today. Absolutely badass belt. Stiffest belt I own by far. Much stiffer than a 5-stitch Wilderness belt. Perfect for a full size pistol and spare magazine.

Site Supporter
    To dovetail off of Clay's comment- Is the Zero Heavy as stiff as the polymer lined Wilderness Belt?

PS- The point may be moot for a bit again as they are essentially sold out unless 28 is your thing.
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 11-13-2023 at 11:27 AM.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I haven't owned a CSM in a while, but I would say it's easily as stiff, if not moreso.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    To dovetail off of Clay's comment- Is the Zero Heavy as stiff as the polymer lined Wilderness Belt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    I haven't owned a CSM in a while, but I would say it's easily as stiff, if not moreso.
    Stiffness of polymer lining like the CSM and the discontinued Graith San Mai is different than the stiffness of SCUBA type webbing. Shear and torsional stiffness (long axis bending/buckling, and twisting) are what matter for supporting gear. Conventional webbing can be made very stiff, but that results in a belt that doesn't conform to the body as well. Polymer inserts are super stiff in the direction that matters, but wrap around flexibly.

I strongly prefer polymer inserts over stiff webbing.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

From Clay's description, I think the heavy Zero will be overkill for my purposes. I appreciate the info, gents.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

For me, having the Zero buckle setup and no Velcro is the biggest plus. It's worth the money to me. If it wasn't for that, I would go with the new Wilderness Swift in 5-stitch as an all purpose belt.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    From Clay's description, I think the heavy Zero will be overkill for my purposes. I appreciate the info, gents.
    Just another data point.....I received mine Monday. Got it because I'm transitioning back to mostly OWB carry due to some hip muscle issues caused by IWB all day. The Zero belt, while fantastic for IWB carry, was not stiff enough in my opinion for OWB carry of a fullsize pistol (mag full of bullets tended to pull the grip away from my body). So far the Zero Heavy is working nicely. Definitely stiffer than the standard belt, but I dont actually feel any difference while wearing it. It is NOT as stiff as my old Ares Aegis belt, for example.

Site Supporter
    Wore mine for the first time today, only about hours while running errands before going to the couch to nurse a pounding headache. I went from the Zero ( too thin for my liking) to the Zero underbelt (better) to the Zero Heavy. I've used several Mastermind/Graith belts in the past. I don't need more than that initial 3 hours to know this will be my daily belt except when dressing up and wearing leather. While being much stiffer than the Zero, it's nowhere Aegis stiff.

Got mine earlier this week but didn’t have a chance to try it until today. I’d say I like it based on a couple of hours around the house. As mentioned, it’s stiffer than a Graith but not as stiff as an Aries.

With the standard, I find the gun and holster to tip outward especially with a DCC monoblock clip. Not so with the heavy version.

User Tag List