Thread: Looking for Gym Bag (or small backpack) recommendation

Looking for Gym Bag (or small backpack) recommendation

I'm looking for either a gym bag or backpack with a small enough footprint to carry around the gym. Highest priority is a compartment suitable for my Staccato C2 (in holster). My max load will be C2, cargo pants, belt, Carhartt shirt, 1 qt. stainless water bottle, cell phone, clipboard, and a few smaller items (bottle of liquid chalk and such). Small laptop, about clipboard size, is optional and would probably fit in the same pocket as the clipboard or in what I would expect is a larger central compartment. I don't expect to put outer gear in the bag.

Lots of gym bags and backpacks on Amazon, but very difficult to assess the suitability relative to my needs.

Easy - Osprey Parsec or Osprey Tropos. If I was going to the gym and carrying a bag from station to station, the number one feature I would want is for it to stand up on its own so my water doesn't spill everywhere and always available quickly to me. I have no idea why most backpacks aren't designed to do this. Even my beloved Vertx EDC Ready is a dud in this department.

Back to Osprey - they go even further than having just a flat bottom, they have a "kickstand" feature that keeps the bag upright and standing. I think the Tropos as the laptop compartment but the Parsec does not.

I duffle with an outside water bottle compartment would work too I guess but I have not done the research on that.

Desy does a good comparison:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJlYAuzQxw4

User Tag List