Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tenicor heavy Zero belt

Tenicor heavy Zero belt

I have been waiting for the new belt that Craig Douglas has been talking about patiently.. kinda! It is finally available on Tenicor’s site. The Zero heavy belt. Anyway I have added the link below if interested.
    https://tenicor.com/products/zero-he...40101588107339

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Guess my search for a slightly stiffer belt for carrying a fullsize pistol OWB is over. Kept thinking to myself "If only they made a stiffer Zero belt!". Done.

The standard zero was my favorite piece of gear. Worked really well for me but I did notice it lose some rigidity after about 5 months of daily use (P365 or G19). Ended up shelving it for my blue alpha gear minimalist.

Was really excited when I got the email for the heavy zero belt and ordered one less than 30 minutes after I got the notice lol!
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    The standard zero was my favorite piece of gear. Worked really well for me but I did notice it lose some rigidity after about 5 months of daily use (P365 or G19). Ended up shelving it for my blue alpha gear minimalist.

Was really excited when I got the email for the heavy zero belt and ordered one less than 30 minutes after I got the notice lol!
    My Zero belt never had much rigidity. I found it had to be uncomfortably tight to support even a Glock 26 AIWB. It was the worst gun belt I have ever tried--for me that is. (Obviously a lot of people like it.)

So, while I'm glad to hear about the Heavy, but am a bit gunshy after my experience with the previous version. How does it compare in stiffness to other belts, like the Instructor 5-stitch?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I also find the standard Zero not stiff enough so I headed to the site with high hopes….

Out of stock in my size.

Email notification set.

Site Supporter
    My size was sold out by the time I saw the email, hoping for a quick restock on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    My Zero belt never had much rigidity. I found it had to be uncomfortably tight to support even a Glock 26 AIWB. It was the worst gun belt I have ever tried--for me that is. (Obviously a lot of people like it.)

So, while I'm glad to hear about the Heavy, but am a bit gunshy after my experience with the previous version. How does it compare in stiffness to other belts, like the Instructor 5-stitch?
    I can definitely understand that. I think for my body type the zero was very forgiving. I really like the design of it and the most negative aspect of returning to the blue alpha was the Velcro. I’m hoping the heavy zero matches the blue alpha in terms of rigidity and then I get the benefit of the zero “buckle” system.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I'm very interested in this stiffness question as well as I have had a similar experience. I love the belt without a gun - minimal bulk, micro adjust throughout day with ease, no velcro, and no digging in on hips.

However, all my guns need larger muzzle pads and a tight cinch to keep them from flopping over. So now I have extra pressure in groin area from the larger pads. Not sure where to go from here.

At $90 I'm more inclined to try the hunter Constantine belt. At a lower price, Dark Star's new Wilderness could be the ticket. We'll see. Additionally, unless you run your buckle way off center, I'm guessing the single layer of webbing in the buckle area will partially negate any rigidness of the other parts of the belt as that is only an inch or two from my gun.
    Last edited by Cool Breeze; 10-29-2023 at 08:06 PM.

Honestly, my irritation with Tenicor is that the damn belts are never in stock when I go to try to buy one.

Something like 90% of adult males in the United States wear size 30-34 in the pants. How you can not order enough of those from your supplier (Wilderness) is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    I'm very interested in this stiffness question as well as I have had a similar experience. I love the belt without a gun - minimal bulk, micro adjust throughout day with ease, no velcro, and no digging in on hips.

However, all my guns need larger muzzle pads and a tight cinch to keep them from flopping over. So now I have extra pressure in groin area from the larger pads. Not sure where to go from here.

At $90 I'm more inclined to try the hunter Constantine belt. At a lower price, Dark Star's new Wilderness could be the ticket. We'll see. Additionally, unless you run your buckle way off center, I'm guessing the single layer of webbing in the buckle area will partially negate any rigidness of the other parts of the belt as that is only an inch or two from my gun.
    If you look at the Zero Heavy pictures - the double thickness goes all the way around until the loop to hold the buckle. It will basically be double thick the entire perimeter. or at least it looks it to me. Which would make it a nice belt overall.

User Tag List