Thread: HK45c LEM - getting the *#&@! hammer strut reinstalled?

HK45c LEM - getting the *#&@! hammer strut reinstalled?

I was installing a GG short reset kit into my factory LEM HK45c, and the hammer strut fell out. Try and I might I can’t get it back in there.

Any helpful hints? The gap under the hammer assembly doesn’t seem to be wide enough to take the rounded nose of the hammer strut.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Figured it out.

When the hammer strut spontaneously disassembled, the cocking piece rotated.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Been in the same cuss fight with it myself, LEM is anything but intuitive compared with other actions.

Doing armorer stuff, I think I eventually hit every problem, figured it out, and then forgot the solution two years later when I was messing with it again.....
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

&#(@&#&!

The hammer won’t release at the back of pull.

Now what did I do?
    Ken

Site Supporter

Struggles are Real!!!!

I recently swapped out to LEM on my HK45c and encountered similar issues. I’ll see if I can send a link to the videos I rewatched. I believe I assembled/disassembled it several times and range time to make sure it was legit. Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by CakeEater View Post
    I recently swapped out to LEM on my HK45c and encountered similar issues. I’ll see if I can send a link to the videos I rewatched. I believe I assembled/disassembled it several times and range time to make sure it was legit. Good times.
    Thank you - I’ll try that!
    Ken

The function problem was a science project gone wrong. HK uses the same trigger for the HK45c and the USPc, so I decided to try the GG USPc flat trigger. No go, confirmed by GG. Hopefully they will offer one for the HK45c at some point, because I really like how their flat triggers work with LEM.
    Ken

User Tag List