Thread: Arms unlimited Hi power…origin?

Arms unlimited Hi power…origin?

Name:  IMG_7928.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  101.1 KB

I picked up one of the Hi powers available from arms unlimited— it looks like it was imported by B&T. It appears to be in very good physical, shape, other than pretty rough marks from some sort of hard holster. Does anyone have any idea what the origin of these guns was? Presumably Europe any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post

I picked up one of the Hi powers available from arms unlimited— it looks like it was imported by B&T. It appears to be in very good physical, shape, other than pretty rough marks from some sort of hard holster. Does anyone have any idea what the origin of these guns was? Presumably Europe any clues?
    Any interesting markings or stamps?
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    That's interesting. The "GV series" they're advertising may be some of the Belgian law enforcement alloy-framed guns. If my notes from elsenet are correct, that wasn't a serial number prefix, but rather the prefix of a separate inventory control number. Those guns were serialized in the 245 series.

Here's Browning's reference page for serial number interpretation.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

It looks like mine was made in 75. No fancy markings.

Site Supporter
    I know AIM is offering some alloy-framed HPs. Maybe a batch of those came in?
    For astute purveyors of pew: hipstertactical.com

Okay. No pressure here, but if anybody wants to take the time to check my research, I think I learned something about these Hi Powers. The available serial ranges are:

75C
    GV

According to: https://www.browning.com/support/dat...er-pistol.html

75C is from 1975

GV is alloy framed but doesn't offer anything whatsoever about years of production

245(assuming 245xxx) is from 1976-1977

215 is either from 1968 (although I assume ArmsUnlimited would say T215) OR it's more likely a military police "type code" from 1998 forward according to this discussion: https://www.1911forum.com/threads/21...umbers.996330/

Can anyone conform or disprove any of my suppositions?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post

In your order, did you choose "75C" from the dropdown box?

User Tag List