Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Freestyle AR groups at 25 yards?

@Molon did you watch the video I posted?

The key I'm going for is timed accuracy.

My 1.2" 4 shot group was at 0.75-0.80 seconds per shot.

It was just representative of movement timing.

What kind of pace are you shooting your shots at?

For my gaming purposes, I don't really shoot anything untimed.

I want accuracy at speed.

Marine qual standards

I looked up the Marine rifle qual and was happy to see that they went to a more dynamic standard in 2021.

Full details here:

https://www.trngcmd.marines.mil/Port...b9f8hJcQ%3D%3D

Name:  IMG_4908.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  69.1 KB

Name:  IMG_4909.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  51.9 KB

Name:  IMG_4912.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  24.4 KB

Video of the COF

Watched the video. I thought the tables were more aggressive. Also noted the NCO running the line didn't seem to have ear pro. Great. In a couple years we'll be paying for a service related disability suffered in peacetime.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Watched the video. I thought the tables were more aggressive. Also noted the NCO running the line didn't seem to have ear pro. Great. In a couple years we'll be paying for a service related disability suffered in peacetime.
    It looks like he’s wearing those Surefire plugs.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    This is freestyle . . .

This is off-hand . . .

Are you striving for accuracy and precision, or do you just want to yank the trigger as fast as you can at man sized tawgets? If you’re working on accuracy and precision, 4 shot groups don’t mean squat.

If you can put 10 shots in a row in the black (which also happens to be the approximate size of the human eye socket) on the US Marine Corps 200 yard off-hand target reduced for 25 yards (aim small, miss small), shooting off-hand with a red dot sight on an AR-15, you’ll be shooting better than 87% of the people out there.

I’m only good for about 8 out of 10 shots in the black on a typical run.

…..

What size is the black dot? Looks around 1 1/2"?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post
    What size is the black dot? Looks around 1 1/2"?

Chris
    Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and rifle targets were designed for iron sight shooters, the aiming black of approximately 6 MOA was selected as appropriate. The 200 yard NRA SR target has a aiming black of 13", the USMC 200yd bullseye is 12". As targets are reduced for reduced ranges the reduction is usually a little more than a linear reduction to account for less wind etc. , I would anticipate this target to be a max of 1.5" and probably a little less
    Skinner Precision LLC official Account
    07 Manufacturer specializing in Competition Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Skinner Precision, LLC View Post
    Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth and rifle targets were designed for iron sight shooters, the aiming black of approximately 6 MOA was selected as appropriate. The 200 yard NRA SR target has a aiming black of 13", the USMC 200yd bullseye is 12". As targets are reduced for reduced ranges the reduction is usually a little more than a linear reduction to account for less wind etc. , I would anticipate this target to be a max of 1.5" and probably a little less
    Thank you sir!!

Chris

User Tag List