Thread: VCI Storage Handgun Bags - Where can I get these?

VCI Storage Handgun Bags - Where can I get these?

I have several handguns (Beretta 92’s and Glocks) that will likely not be fired or used for 3-4 years.
    I’m thinking it might make sense to oil them up good and store them in VCI bags.
    I’d prefer the bags with the ziplock-slider closure but I can’t find them anywhere reasonably priced.
    Wilson Combat sells them ( https://wilsoncombat.com/bag-corrosi...g-polymer.html ) but fifteen of them would cost me $42.

Is that a fair price or is there another more reasonably priced source?

First I’ve heard of these.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    First I’ve heard of these.
    Supposed to be THE current tech for long term storage. Stepson recently noticed some rust spots on a couple of his pistols. Bought some for him and some for me. We'll see how they do in the long run.

FWIW, looking in my history, those were a hundred pack of 10" by 12" off Amazon for $105.00. So $1.05 a bag in quantity anyways.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Supposed to be THE current tech for long term storage. Stepson recently noticed some rust spots on a couple of his pistols. Bought some for him and some for me. We'll see how they do in the long run.

FWIW, looking in my history, those were a hundred pack of 10" by 12" off Amazon for $105.00. So $1.05 a bag in quantity anyways.
    Any chance of a link? I looked and can't find 10x12 or a hundo pack. Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Any chance of a link? I looked and can't find 10x12 or a hundo pack. Thanks!
    Here you go (complete with the P-F referrer in the link):

VCI Rust Prevention Zip Close Bags - Cortec

Looks like they come in 10, 50, and 100 packs with a little more discount as the quantity goes up.
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Half Moon View Post
    Here you go (complete with the P-F referrer in the link):

VCI Rust Prevention Zip Close Bags - Cortec

Looks like they come in 10, 50, and 100 packs with a little more discount as the quantity goes up.
    Well crap, I was searching for the wrong thing. I was searching zerust not VCI. No wonder my Amazon-fu sucked! Thanks!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

I have used the Zerust before and this time I opted for VCI. Both work great for long(er) term storage. When storing non-NY stuff out of state, pistols and expensive mags (STI) in VCI bags. Now no concerns with them staying locked away at my sister's house in Texas. Even when I had everything in house, if the gun didn't get used regularly, stored in the rust inhibitor bag was the normal condition.

I highly recommend them.

User Tag List