Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What red dots do we like for defensive shotguns?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    How did you mount the Acro?
    I'm using the Scalarworks mount.

Thanks everyone! It seems most optics rated for centerfire pistols or rifles would be acceptable so that’s good to know.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    My probable next step in setting up some defensive shotguns is to put dots on them. I'm sure shotguns are as hard on optics as handgun slides, probably more so. I've got an M3000 that already has a pic rail and an older 870 I'm going to see about having d&t for a CROM.

Open or closed emitter? The front and back porch are covered so the chances of having to use one outside without overhead cover is small but not zero. Training classes for example.

Tube style (including square like the Acro or Holosun [AEMS?]) or RMR/SRO/EPS style? Or is that pretty eye dependent?

Other than the usual Chinesium airsoft grade fare on Amazon, are there any to avoid because they just can't/don't stand up to 12ga recoil very long?
    Holosun 407 or 507 series c or k all work well

Reviewer of the Tools
    I've bought three 870 Police trade-ins over the last few months. The price was RIGHT on all three. Two of them have 18.5" bead sight barrels. I plan to get the receivers drilled and tapped on the top of both of these guns. Then I will be ordering the ACRO mounts from Vang Comp.

I have two ACRO P1s sitting around doing nothing since upgrading the dots on my handguns. A 12 gauge seems like a really good host for the ACRO or any Aimpoint for that matter.

User Tag List