Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: USPS Issues

Ironically, the third world nation of Papua New Guinea is phasing out paper checks this year.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    I wonder if this is a regional problem.

I have had two packages shipped to me (in Eastern Washington) from Montana and they zipped through in a few days. I shipped a package to the west side of the state on Saturday and it got there on Monday. Our local system is inefficient, as all of our mail now goes to Spokane, (about three hours away), even if you are mailing it across the street. But I haven't had any issues with things not showing up or getting lost... yet.

No kidding. I placed two orders from a Texas retailer on the same day, January 17. Both orders reached a Texas distribution center and sat in limbo "moving through network" for ten days, then magically appeared in a South Florida distro center. One of those packages was finally delivered yesterday, a full 13 days later.

As for the second, well, it finally made its way as far as my local Post Office, but now has embarked on a new adventure and just reappeared in Ybor City. Wonderful.

I do understand there was some heavy flooding in Texas which may have caused the initial delay, but... really?

A couple of years back, Dad ordered a part for the pool, then got to watch as it bounced between the same two distribution centers for about a month.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Per my postmaster friend, most of the bouncing packages are an artifact of heavy reliance on automated package scanning and routing.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar_d View Post
    On top of that, mail fraud/check washing seemed to be a pretty big thing in this area for a while.
    My wife had someone (presumably the girlfriend of an employee that was already dead from an OD) do this with a payroll check. They mandated direct deposit after that, and initially tried to eliminate even having any checks for the company account, but eventually that became impractical.

When I stop and think about it, the concept of manually written checks just seems goofy now. Just paper and ink that can represent thousands of dollars, legitimized only by the threat of being put in jail, when the jails are already full of people that did something more violent than forge a piece of paper.

Well, at least the USPS package that I've been awaiting for the past week was "returned to sender" yesterday for a mysterious reason.

Whatever.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Just saw that UPS is firing 12K employees!

Still send out checks. Havent had a problem since I started writing checks in the mid 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Just saw that UPS is firing 12K employees!

Still send out checks. Havent had a problem since I started writing checks in the mid 90s.
    I have a service called check your check. Mail me $20 and I'll contact you when I receive it.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I have a service called check your check. Mail me $20 and I'll contact you when I receive it.
    Im not following?

Are you saying with a check I wont know if you got it?

User Tag List