Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Offset rifle sight practical range limit?

I use one on an issued M4 and it is practical inside of 100m and for shooting on the move. Like others have said, the accuracy potential is probably only limited if its not held level when firing.

Using a front and rear bag for zeroing, I was able to shoot 5 round groups around 3 or 4 inches at 100m, which isn't much worse than what I'm able to do with an acog.
    Name:  20231021_184644.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  55.2 KB
    Name:  20231021_184555.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  55.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

It's the same as a 12 o'clock mount, meaning it depends on how stable your position is, how well you can see the target, and how skilled you are at pulling the trigger. I zero my offset at 100 yards and use a front and rear bag, trying my best to hold it straight up and down on target. Interestingly enough, I switched from an offset Romeo 5 optic over to a Holosun 508T x2, and with the square window it's very easy to see if you are canted too much or too little. With that rifle I can shoot Speer 62 gr Gold Dot LE at 1.5-2 MOA with the offset on a good clear day with the right target where I can see if the dot is centered at 100 yards, a solid rest, and a good trigger pull. If I switch to my Razor 1-6 I shrink that group to .9-1.5 MOA. With M193 it's more like 2-3 MOA with the offset and 1-2MOA with the scope at 6x. It's just a damn good shooting BCM rifle and that's why it got the glass. I have the best luck with zero targets that have diamond shaped bulls. Without the bag rests I can't duplicate these results but still get really good general accuracy.

Under the heading of pretty cool but I'm not exactly how useful in real life, when I mounted an RMR on a 45 degree offset mount I found that it's visible through my Juliet 4 when it's flipped to the side. At the very least it should make for a more precise zero.

User Tag List